Solved

How to stop constant ad for "back up your photos" from T Mobile

• 17 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

I keep getting this horrible TMobile “Back up your photos” ad telling me to protect your memories with Google One cloud storage. No matter how many times I restart my phone, this ad keeps showing up. Is there a way to opt out of it? I have no interest in this. Thank you for any help and suggestions.

icon

Best answer by ZManKC 31 August 2022, 19:06

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Do you have a Google One account , if you do open your notifications and turn it off. Settings , notification , notification history click on the culprit and change the settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

does it just pop up on your screen while you are doing things like texting or is it popping up while you are using a certain app?

Badge

I have this problem too.  I don’t remember ever signing up for Google One.  My main Google account that I use w/T-Mobile is a Workspace account.  So I don’t know how this could have been selected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is it an add that pops up on your screen randomly or is this popping up while using things like the browser? while using a certain app? do either of you have a screen shot of this (try to avoid any personal info included in said screen shot)?

Badge

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions. I’ve been to Google and trying to delete all permissions for notifications and ads. So far, I still keep getting them (but wondering if it’s one of those “will get done within 10 days” kind of things. Frustrating, as I have no interest in the service. 

I just figured out how to get rid of it. You just long press the notification and you can disable the advertisement.

I just figured out how to get rid of it. You just long press the notification and you can disable the advertisement.

Thank you!

I've had this same photo backup ad stuck on my phone's notifications for over a week and it was really bugging me. The 1st two days it would try to sell me the Google One service and there was no way to tell it to no, only that it should ask you again later (please don't....). At least it took the notification away till the next day.  But after day 2, it would just hang trying to load the page, so it was always there because I couldn't even tell it to ask again later. 

There's one way to ensure I never buy your service-- make me see your ad so often that I'm just annoyed. Mission accomplished this time, for sure!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Do you have Google One installed on your device?  I have never seen this ad but I remove a lot of Google’s bloat from my devices.  

Thank you!