Solved

I cracked the screen on my new Galaxy S7!!

• 20 April 2016
  • 6 replies

I cracked the screen on my new Galaxy S7!!! If my phone is less than a month old and I have JUMP, do I need to file a claim? If so, would I have to pay a deductible and how much would it cost?

icon

Best answer by tidbits 20 April 2016, 07:16

Yes and it's  $175 I believe.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Yes and it's  $175 I believe.

Oh no! That really stinks big time! Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

yah it does, but better than spending $700 to get a new phone, or sending it in to Samsung to repair.  I believe Samsung chargest $150 just for the part and that doesn't include shipping or labor last I heard.

True, but it's crazy that a small piece of glass is that expensive though! Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay up. I definitely learned my lesson in not having my phone in it's case!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

The glass isn't traditional glass, and it due to how the screen is made it requires addition hardware to keep the seal for it's waterproofing.  It's like a catch 22.  They could have made the digitzer, and such separate, but if the glass ever falters then all the components would be in trouble for example.

Yes you may need to use JUMP to have a replacement for your device. This depends on the model of your device you can check this link out for deductible File or Track My Claim | T-Mobile | Assurant Solutions that's normally around $175 for smartphones.Glad to hear that you have JUMP or insurance.Well atleast that is much cheaper comparing to purchasing a new device for full price or have it send to samsung for repair.You can call assurant or file a claim online too.If you want to upgrade you can visit the store used jump pay the deductible and do an upgrade of your device.Hope this helps