Question

I had sent my old device iPhone 6 Plus to Tmobile for a trade in credit. The tracking # showed Tmobile warehouse already received it but no credit was issued. I have been contacted customer service so many times and they said they didn't receive the

• 26 October 2016
  • 33 replies

I had sent my old device iPhone 6 Plus to Tmobile for a trade in credit. The tracking # showed Tmobile warehouse already received it but no credit was issued. I have been contacted customer service so many times and they said they didn't receive the phone even though UPS has proof of delivery. I lost my phone by trusting Tmobile.

33 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Oh, that makes me sad hearing this.

We can normally have Care file a Handset Research form for something like this to figure out what happened. Did they get that process started for you? It's strange it wouldn't show as being delivered if you mailed it back with the proper label. As for the credit, it can take a few billing cycles before the credit will be issued.

Yes they did investigated and told me that device is not found in their warehouse and ask me to blame UPS. I think Tmobile should responsible for this lost not UPS. I hope anyone can help with this issue. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hmm, see that's a little odd to me. I'd think having the UPS tracking number that shows the device was delivered would be enough. Plus, as long as the device was sent back, I would imagine there shouldn't be an issue. Were you told over the phone that we didn't receive the device or did you get some sort of email with this info?

The 1st investigate result they email me. After that i contact customer service and they investigate again and told me over the phone. Do you know anyway can help me. i have filed a claim with UPS but maximum amount they mite cover is only $100 and of course my phone cost more than that. Ill be very appreciated if you can help me solve this issue.

T-Mobile Handset Order Research Request
Handset Order Reference:  06609606

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We show no record of the equipment being received by our warehouse. Please allow up to 7 business days from the date the package is delivered to the warehouse to allow time to confirm the contents of the package. If it is past the 7 business days, you may want to contact the shipper concerning the shipment.

Thank You,

Handset Order Research Department
T-Mobile USA, Inc.

The 1st investigate result they email me. After that i contact customer service and they investigate again and told me over the phone. Do you know anyway can help me. i have filed a claim with UPS but maximum amount they mite cover is only $100 and of course my phone cost more than that. Ill be very appreciated if you can help me solve this issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'll do what I can but this may require more help from our Care team. Question for you. Where did you get the label you used to stick on the device's packaging before you sent it? Did you remember the address the label had on it? I'm wondering if it's possible that it was sent to the wrong location.

‌I used the prepaid label that email to me by T-Mobile representative and the address is 840 W Sandy Lake red, Coppell, TX 75019.  They said that is the right address and they had check with all Tmobile warehousee there is no that phone. Is there anyway Tmobile still able to credit me for the trade in ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Oh, okay. I believe that's the issue. For a trade-in you'd normally print a label by using the steps on our iPhone 7 Trade-Up Offer page. The label should have an address going to Pennsylvania. I believe there is a way to escalate this since it was sent to Texas instead. Our Care department does have the tools to do this, you'll just have to make that clear when you speak to them. My apologies for the confusion, but we'll need the help of our Care team to continue helping.

Community-2153

‌so what can I do now ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Getting in touch with Tech Care or T-Force using the link above is the next step. You'll want to let them know that you are trying to redeem your credit for the iPhone trade-in. Tell them that it was sent to the warehouse in Texas instead of Assurant and you'd like to have this escalated to you can get your credit for the offer. They should be able to look this up using your IMEI number, but if you don't have (seeing as you sent the phone back already) they should be able to see the IMEI number for that phone on your account.

‌sorry I don't see the link to contact T-force. i only see "contact us" and what topic should I choose?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hmm, weird.

When you go to the Contact us page, you don't see anything on the middle right-hand side of the page that looks like the image below?

If you click the Facebook or Twitter link, it'll take you directly our dedicated T-Force support pages.

‌Thank you so much for your help. You are a very helpf person. Thanks again

‌I mean you are a very helpful person. Thank you so much

I am haveing an almost identical problem to this. I returned a phone to T-Mobile using the return label that came in the box when I received the phone. They claim they either can't find it or didn't get it? Did you ever get this resolved and if so, how?

‌I am so sorry to hear that. I think Tmobile is robber they tried to steal customer's phone that's why they didn't resolve our issue. I lost my phone and they are not responsible for it even though UPS had proof of delivery. All they said to me is they could find the phone with that IMEI number. I believed that there are a lot Tmobile's customer are their current victims. 😠

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'm surprised we haven't gotten this handled for you already. What happened after you contacted T-Force? Did you mentioned that you sent the device back to the warehouse instead of Assurant?

‌i have the same issue, spent 50+ calls and no solution yet.

two phones were sent to Texas warehouse based on email from T-Mobile and now none can find them.

what we should do? We need to get our money back otherwise will call it a scam.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey @dalawr.

I'm sorry you've spent so much time on the phone. However, we do need you to get in touch with someone who has account access. You'd need to speak with our Tech Support team either by calling in or you can message our social media T-Force Team from the Twitter or FB links on our Community-2153 page. You'll need to tell them that your trade-in device was sent to TX instead of PA and they'll follow the right escalation path to make sure your trade-in goes through properly.

I have the same issue! Been calling Tmobile not stop for the last 4 months and no one can help me! They keep doing Handset Research Forms and asking me to blame UPS when it was signed for....Trying to contact T-Force but havent heard back....

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Geez, that's a long time to be calling for something like this @cjbjkb07. T-Force is a good route for handling this. Have you heard anything back yet?

yes, took me 4 hours with T-force and 3 different representatives but they finally got me fixed!

The problem was that a lot of customers got sent the wrong label for their trade and sent their phones to the wrong warehouse. (sending to returns lcoation not trade in location)

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I do wish we would have got this handled for you sooner, but I'm really glad this was taken care of. I've heard of this happening to other folks but I know we have an escalation path for this very issue. Thanks for coming back to give us an update on this.

Something very similar is happening to me! They are claiming that they received the package with my return phone but they didn't receive the device. Nor are they telling me if a phone was in the package or if it is a phone with a different imie number? I don't know what I'm supposed to do! What did you do to resolve this?

I just encountered some trade in scams. They encouraged me to get a new iPhone X and trade in my iPhone 6, saying it is qualified. Little that you know they declined the deal saying there is liquid damage, thus the trade-in is not qualified. I was never informed of procedure to check first if there is liquid damage, I am the original owner and I know the phone was never in any liquid. But since I didn't check, they can say whatever they want to say just to deny trade-in credit.

I asked to send my phone back and I am willing to send them the iPhone X, guess what, they allow me sending the iPhone X back but no return of my iPhone 6.

This is a scam. This is using a tactics to get you to buy a phone, since the deal also include auto debit, the consumer has only one choice to keep the paying the phone.

Don't do the trade-in, especially with T-mobile. I will file a complain to FTC. I will write to my congress and I will bring it to Department of Justice's attention.  There is a history with T-mobile, they can't just quit scamming and cramming. In 2014, T-Mobile lost a case filed by FTC and resulted in paying at least $90 million to settle a Federal Trade Commission lawsuit of cramming consumers. Here is the link: https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2014/12/t-mobile-pay-least-90-million-including-full-consumer-refunds