Solved

I haven't received my phone, I think UPS lost my package

• 12 September 2018
  • 23 replies

I just bought a phone on labor day, it shipped the following day. It arrived at UPS destination warehouse over 5 days ago, it has missed it's estimated delivery date, and now it just says "N/A, check back later" UPS says there's nothing I can do bc I'm not the shipper. Did I really just lose my money AND a phone? What am I supposed to do now. I've been phoneless for 2 weeks now. God T-Mobile sucks

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 17 September 2018, 17:04

View original

23 replies

This is a UPS issue, not a T-Mobile issue. If you reach out to T-Mobile I'm sure they can reach out to the carrier and issue a new phone if needed.

Userlevel 4

Oh no!!!! We can get you taken care of! Please contact us as soon as you can so we can dig into this.

I chatted with support the other day, they told me all they can do is start an investigation but that's it. I'd have to buy another phone & just wait to see what happens with the lost order. I don't think it's fair that I have to spend more money on a second phone, this isn't my fault 😥  i just want a phone!!

Userlevel 4

@rosealieee - The handset research escalation is definitely a step in the right direction. We will be working with UPS to see what specifically happened here. As far as getting you a new phone, we would need to process a new order but you would not be charged for 2 phones if we are unable to located the device with UPS.

HI THE EXACT SAME THING HAS RECENTLY HAPPEND TO ME I WAS TOLD TO FILE A DISPUTE BUT THEN UPS SAYS I HAVE TO SPEAK WITH T MOBILE REGARDING MY LOST PHONE I HONELY JUST WANT MY PHONE OR THE PHONE CANCELED SO I CAN GET A PHONE ITS BEEN ALMOST 3 WEEKS

Happed to me too.  UPS lost my package , not Tmobile’s fault.  I really wish T mobile stops using UPS  because UPS is horrible, unprofessional, unreliable company.  The  UPS driver never come to my address on estimated delivery dates or left a tag. I requested to hold at UPS center to pick it up since I can not trust the driver. I went to pick it up cuz it said it’s ready and UPS could not find the package. 

I ordered two phones for my kids. I finally figured out some convoluted way to speak with an actual human at UPS and was told that the phones are “lost in transit” and that I would have to report this to T-Mobile to initiate an “investigation”. So here I am, looking for a way to report this besides waiting on the phone for 30-60 minutes. My kids iPhones are garbage right now since they are two years old bc, you know, Apple loves the planned obsolescence. But the kids love them. So much about this pisses me off. I really hope that the boxes these phones are shipped in don’t have any T-Mobile identifying info bc I think that they are super vulnerable to theft all the way thru the supply chain.  

Well, I am in the same boat. All that tmobile says is to wait it out! How long though? It’s been more than three weeks now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Well, I am in the same boat. All that tmobile says is to wait it out! How long though? It’s been more than three weeks now. 

Same douchebaggery happened to me last week. Probably UPS is stealing it but T-mobile needs to get their act together as well. Why do i have to pay again for my phone while they are doing their “investigation”. Send us our devices and you keep on doing your investigations. Since its not us (the customer) who lost it. Its your delivery partners. 
when they mentioned that i place another order i just flipped out. Let them do their investigation and i am switching to Verizon. 
This is unacceptable. 

Email says it was delivered. It was not actually delivered. Getting the runaround from the sites. T-moblie tells me to contact UPS. UPS tells me to contact T-Mobile. Neither have given me solid help or information.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

If UPS says it was delivered its a UPS issue. You may have to start a case with them and file a Police Report to report it as stolen. T-Mobile will take the stance it was delivered as stated by UPS. I know this is not what you want to hear. They do this because people in the past have said they did not receive an item that they had. To cover themselves they have you order a new device and should credit the charge back to you when it is determined your device was in fact not received by you. In the future make sure all of you UPS deliveries require a signature.

I ordered a phone from TMobile and when UPS delivered it to me the package had been tampered with a the phone was missing. TMobile tells me that they cannot help me and I basically have to fight it out with UPS to get my money back. I'm a loyal customer but I am really considering leaving TMobile to go with one of their competitors. Although they are cheaper I am considering paying the extra money. I am so upset 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I ordered a phone from TMobile and when UPS delivered it to me the package had been tampered with a the phone was missing. TMobile tells me that they cannot help me and I basically have to fight it out with UPS to get my money back. I'm a loyal customer but I am really considering leaving TMobile to go with one of their competitors. Although they are cheaper I am considering paying the extra money. I am so upset 

That definitely sucks. I assume UPS just left the box at your delivery address since you could have refused delivery had they tried to give you an empty box. Unfortunately, once UPS shows delivery it gets really complicated since they are no longer liable for your package. I would contact UPS and get to there lost package department and ask them what they need from you to mark this delivery as stolen. Also make sure you have the facts on delivery signature requirement. If TMobile did not require signature on delivery, they could be held responsible.

Userlevel 2

I’m experiencing the same thing. Mine got really complicated. I ordered a the iphone 14 pro max and it was a defect. I tried exchanging it and they made it so complicated to process an exchange and suggested I do a return and reorder and reprocess the whole upgrade all over. Which I did. I placed the second order on 9/30 and it was supposed to get delivered on 10/03. Before it ever got to my city and state, I requested for it to get delivered to an access point near me as I don’t trust the ups driver to deliver it due to them trying to tamper my first delivery that I received partially opened. So I followed the second delivery through ups app and saw that the phone went back and forth from the access point to other parts of the town and back again 4 times to the location it was supposed to be delivered to just to see the message that it would be rescheduled for next day delivery and well it never got to the access point. I contacted ups and tmobile and ups said they would “look into it”. I got an email saying they couldn’t locate it and for me to contact sender which is TMO. I did and they got in touched with UPS and open a investigation on it. Still to this day with no resolution. I placed a third order since TMO suggested me to do so instead of waiting for the refund for the loss item. They told me I would get an automatic refund due to it being loss during transit. Now I’m being told to “wait for them to investigate” and “wait for the loss item to be found and returned” to them for them to refund me. Why is it that I have to wait indefinitely when it’s not even my fault? Today is 10/26 and I spoke with numerous reps who claim they have escalated the issue and got no confirmation or updates on it. Today I reached out by phone at 611 instead of chat. She said that she had filled out a form for this loss phone and I have to wait 3-5 business again. I hope this will be the last time I have to deal with this issue as it is now the third or forth attempt. I’m sick of this and am running out of patience. It is definitely not TMO’s fault and indeed UPS’ fault. I hope TMO stop using UPS. They are the worse! But I do hope that TMO handles the situation better with refunding customers. It doesn’t make sense for me to wait this long to get a refund and not even get updates on the situation without having to reach out to them myself. If I don’t get this refund within the next 3-5 business days as promised, it looks like I will have to reach out to my card company to dispute the charge instead because this is unacceptable. I’m on the verge of wanting to go to the different carrier because of this. I’ve been a long time TMO customer and this is by far the worse experience.

Badge

I’m going through the same thing. Been over 2 months now..

Is there anyone who actually was successful in getting their money back??

Same here

I am going through this process now has anyone got any luck with a refund or anything they keep giving different answers when. You call representative on T-Mobile website they state that UPS requires a signature but when my first device was ""delivered"" no one knocked on my door or anything but was confirmed delivered I call UPS they say it's not there problem too call T-Mobile and then T-Mobile says too call ups

I truly believe that t mobile should stop using UPS. My phone was supposed to be delivered last Friday (sep 22,2023) and when the package was finally delivered today (sep 26,2023) I see that the ups guy stole my phone and just left the empty boxes.

T mobile, you can do better. 

Badge

@rosealieee - The handset research escalation is definitely a step in the right direction. We will be working with UPS to see what specifically happened here. As far as getting you a new phone, we would need to process a new order but you would not be charged for 2 phones if we are unable to located the device with UPS.

I’m having the issue right now, I ordered an IPhone 15 Pro and I never received the package. T-Mobile just going in circles and has yet not refunded my money nor removed the balance from my account.

I have been patiently waiting for my new phone but have not received it. I ordered it on December 12,2023 and was supposed to be delivered on Thursday December 14,2023 but I haven’t received it. I haven’t got no update since it arrived in my city. I also requested to pick it up in the nearest ups location on the 21 of December, 2023 and nothing has changed at all. What can I do to get my phone? 

Badge

It was a nightmare. It’s has happened to many people. I would file a dispute. If you don’t file a dispute then T-Mobile has to open a ticket and they will start an investigation. Will take about over a month. Don’t order anything just buy a devise at the store and get it there. Don’t know if it at T-Mobile warehouse or UPS but don’t send nor get anything via mail. Something is going on. 

Badge

I have been patiently waiting for my new phone but have not received it. I ordered it on December 12,2023 and was supposed to be delivered on Thursday December 14,2023 but I haven’t received it. I haven’t got no update since it arrived in my city. I also requested to pick it up in the nearest ups location on the 21 of December, 2023 and nothing has changed at all. What can I do to get my phone? 

It was a nightmare. It’s has happened to many people. I would file a dispute. (I did) If you don’t file a dispute then T-Mobile has to open a ticket and they will start an investigation and it has to be removed from your account. Will take about over a month. Don’t order anything just buy a devise at the store and get it there. Don’t know if it at T-Mobile warehouse or UPS but don’t send nor get anything via mail. Something is going on.