Solved

I just reached 55 two days ago but they told me I am not eligible to receive my Senior discount

• 19 September 2022
  • 13 replies

Badge

Hi.

I just reached my 55 two days ago.  However TM customer represent told me that my current Essential plan with 4 lines is not eligible to receive any senior discount even though I have T-Mobile Home internet installed.   I paid for T-Mobile  all together $192 monthly.

I remembered back in July, one TM customer represent mentioned to me that I will have senior discount on my plan ONCE I reached 55 …. but I just called them a min ago …. disappointed they told me NO because my Essential Phone Plan is not eligible JUST because of I have 4 lines on it.   

I am so disappointed 😕

icon

Best answer by amazinggracelady 25 September 2022, 06:27

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to upgrade your plan to a 55+ Magenta plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here’s a link. The discount is applied to these plans.

55+ Magenta plans

Badge

She told me about this Magenta plans plan but she didn’t mentioned any senior discount.  I knew $20 dollars discount for Home internet when you have Magenta plans.  If I accept the Magenta® MAX 55+ plan, I have to pay from Essential Plan with 4 lines + Home internet $192  to  $210.

I think she mean Seniors discount is JUST for 2 line ONLY.   If you have 4 lines into your existing account, it is NO go.

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/unlimited-55-senior-discount-plans?cmpid=MGPO_PB_P_UNL55PLUS_43700058624144886_500407355734&gclid=CjwKCAjwpqCZBhAbEiwAa7pXeXivFZSXTwcnDKaw78B8G2zRcow-2P4aRvuaMqB3ppmpZuGTdEgkNRoCTUgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

For some reason I can’t access the link but for the 55+ plans the account holder is the only one that needs to be 55 and I believe with the Magenta Max you can have more than 2 lines.

Contact Tmobile support using messenger on Facebook or Twitter the should be able to help you.

Badge

Thank you very much.  I will try that out 👍

Badge

Hi The 55 Magenta Max 55+ can have up to 4 lines which gives you a $20 discount on internet, free apple tv and free Netflix for $45 per line. I’m currently on the lower Magenta 55+ at $35 per line for up to four users free Netflix 6 months of Apple TV but no internet discount(I did hear seniors do get internet for $40 but haven’t verified cause the Magenta Max plan takes it down to $30, but as soon as I get my T-mobile gateway and if it works well we are going to move to the Magenta Max 55+ plan. I hope this helps🤗🙏

Badge

I have the senior plan but I think 3 lines is as many as you can have on the 55 and over plans.  They do that so families won’t get the ijncredibly cheap discount of $30!

Badge

Thank you so much

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Looking at the terms of the 55+ plans it is for 2 lines. It seems like every December I'm offered a chance on adding a line but I never do because I have no need.

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/unlimited-55-senior-discount-plans

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I thought they changed it. I don't know why the didn't change it on that Tmobile page.

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/un-carrier/magenta-unlimited-55-netflix

Badge

I’d definitely call 611 again and try cause I really think it’s up to 4 lines plus the other perks I mentioned previously. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks @amazinggracelady for posting that chart! It is a great resource for this conversation. It is still accurate. The Magenta and Magenta MAX 55+ plans do allow 4 lines. The Essentials 55+ only allows 2 lines. 

@Happy_Friday I sincerely apologize that our teams got your hopes up about that senior discount. You really are getting the best rate for the 4 lines with the Essentials plan you have because upgrading to one of the 4 line 55+ plans would cost you a minimum of $20 more per month.