Question

I'm getting billed for a phone that I haven't received

• 4 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I ordered the Gray Green 512gb Samsung Z Fold 4 last Friday. 2-day delivery. T-mobile site and UPS site stated it was to arrive between Tuesday 11/25-11/30/22. Today is Sunday 12/04/22. I’ve called and spoken to multiple representatives from both T-mobile and UPS.

UPS sent a notice via email that they were Out for Delivery on 11/29//22.

No update given that they were changing the delivery date. Instead the next day the site says the package status is “The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible.”

They offered no active solution except to wait and because UPS couldn’t find the package in their warehouse: to file a claim.

T-Mobile & UPS representatives all keep telling me to wait because:

• (UPS) - its still being processed. They can’t find it. it might be on a truck. (but if its on a truck its been in the truck since Tuesday 11/29/22). Its been a week now. 
  • (T-Mobile) - Its the holiday and its most likely delayed. UPS shipping update states that the package was received at the local UPS 11/28/22 & Out for delivery on 11/29/22 @9:39am.

Its been over a week. 

I’m filing a claim. I’ve been billed for a device that I did not receive. This is a trade-in and upgrade. The 30-day shipping window for sending in my device for trade-in is about to lapse.

Please help. If its going to be a hassle like this, I don’t want the phone. Do something to help resolve this. What are my options?

I don’t want to be billed for a phone that I did not receive. Its almost the 2nd month for the billing date of this phone that I did not receive and the 30-day window for trade-in is about to lapse.

UPS has lost my phone order from T-Mobile before and gave me an empty box.

Please don’t let this happen again. I’ve been a loyal Tmobile customer for many years. This is a terribly disappointing experience. I would recommend a more secure way for your customers to receive their order: Pick up shipped order at the local T-Mobile store. Or better yet, have UPS ship the phone to a local T-Mobile store. That way, your customers do not need to waste their time chained at the door. Modern times, need modern efficient solutions. 

For future orders, have my order sent to my local T-Mobile store for pick-up. 

3 replies

I am having the same issue with a Motorola Moto G Stylus 5g I ordered on 11/23/22. In fact, it’s scary how similar our problems are, down to the solutions we’ve tried. It also said it was out for delivery on 11/29 and then just shows “delayed” and “no information available” via tracking. I have also talked to both UPS and T-Mobile and gotten the same answer as you. T-Mobile says it’s ‘on the way’ and to just wait, and UPS says T-Mobile has blocked the recipients from initiating claims. 

I spoke to someone from T-Mobile today who said they are initiating a “handset claim” and gave me a ticket number, but I am not confident that anything will be resolved because they said I would receive an email with the information on the claim/investigation and I have not seen any emails from them.

I am also being billed for this upgrade and I am incredibly frustrated that I’ve spent hours dealing with this over the past two weeks. When I finally get it resolved one way or another, I am switching carriers.

Same issue with an iPhone 14 Pro Max 528GB, but only a week into this mess.  I call every day and request supervisors.  Am hoping persistence pays off!

Badge

Did anyone had the problem solve? I’m having the same issue. T-Mobile is not refunding my money and has the phone under my name and I never received the phone!