Question

I'm really worried! TRADE-IN ASSESSMENT - Accepted Value $0.00

• 6 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi,

I just did the most recent iPhone 12 trade-in deal to get $300 monthly bill credit.

On Check Order Status page, initially it showed “TRADE-IN ASSESSMENT - Original estimated value:$78.00”.

After I sent in my trade-in phone, then I received text from T-Mobile says

“Your T-Mobile Apple iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Back - T-Mobile with serial number xxxxx has been received and is currently being processed..”

Later, another text from T-Mobile says

“T-Mobile promo msg: The trade-in for line xxx-xxx-xxxx is complete and will receive a monthly bill credit for the 2020 Apple Trade P16 promotion as long as you maintain edibility & service...”

Now, I just received another text from T-Mobile asking me to ship my phone again!!!

“Please ship your T-Mobile Apple iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black - T-Mobile with serial number xxxxx by <mm/dd/yy> in order to receive your monthly bill credit”

Freaked out, I went back and check the Check Order Status page again, and now it shows “TRADE-IN ASSESSMENT - Accepted Value $0.00” with GREEN check.

What’s going on here?! I’m super confused :-( First T-Mobile accepted my phone, told me that I will receive the credit, now T-Mobile asks me to ship that same phone again (which already in T-Mobile procession)… else I would NOT get the credit?!!! Also the Accepted Value mysteriously changed to $0???

Btw, my phone is in very good condition, no crack screen, no liquid etc.. I also turned off Find My iPhone (per T-Mobile instruction), sign out / removed from my iCloud account, reset it to factory and all that. I have done so soo many times for others, and I’m sure I know what I’m doing. I’m really nervous, as I did trade-in total 4 phones for my family.

Please helppppppp!!!!

Thanks!

7 replies

I had the same issue just now. I spoke to someone from T-Mobile and they assured me that it could be an error in their system. It was confirmed that I received my trade-in at the $300 value that I was told. 

If you’re still concerned, I would call them or message them. I screenshotted the conversation so that I have something to refer to in case the glitch doesn’t go away. 

I hope this was helpful. 

I am having the same issue.  The trade in assessment said $300, yet the paperwork say “Accepted Offer Value: $68”.  I called and got a verbal statement that the $68 is the actual phone value, but Tmobile will provide the full $300 credit.  This is no way to treat customers T-mobile.

Definitely confusing and worrisome. I would text message T-Mobile as well so that you can have concrete evidence. I have screenshots of the t-mobile rep telling me that it may be a glitch and that I’m guaranteed my $300. I don’t trust phone conversations anymore unless you recorded it yourself. At least with a message, you have concrete proof. 

Typical scamming tactics by Tmobile 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Traded in devices are received, assessed, and processed by Assurant.  

Told me 400 for my s9+ at the T-Mobile store… few days later… 90 bucks? Hope this is a mistake because the new phone is going back asap. What is going on T-mo???? you like them too?????? 

I have same issue!  My wasworth $90, in perfect condition and came back 0. When I check on Order Status it is blank!  WTH?  What do I do?