Question

I wanted to know how to check to balance to the virtual Prepaid Mastercard I received when I switched over to T Mobile

Badge

Virtual Prepaid Mastercard - how to check the balance of the card

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You should be able to check it by going to my prepaid service through Mastercard.

any other suggestions? 

Userlevel 2

I spent many hours trying to find this info online. Finally, I spoke to a T-Mobile rep who helped me. This is where you go to get the info: https://login.northlane.com

This is the site to check your balances. It is no where to be found on T-Mobile.

https://login.northlane.com/ this link worked for me thanks.

The North Lane site won't let me create a login (cannot get past the Captcha).

Anybody else have that problem?

T mobile totally sucks This should not take this much time! I believe it is deliberate on T mobile’s side to make it this difficult

I finally got onto the North Lane site and it works

Go to the link they send you to claim your card and it will tell you your balance at the top of the page. This page is where you find out your cards info as well. One thing is I never figured out how to set a pin so I had to run it for things that don’t require a pin to use or run as credit.

AND I GET THIS

The connection for this site is not secure

login.northlane.com sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Never have I ever had such difficulty getting on a site

Also can’t get on this site. Ridiculous

Just dial this number 1-800-439-9568
1 for English > enter card number and it will give you your balance. 
You can also set up your pin after it gives you your balance. 

The number 800-439-9568 given by the last person WORKS!! It will give the balance & also a choice for the individual transactions you’ve made on the card.

I tried that Northlane number and spoke with someone only to find out I have a negative balance on this debit card which I didn’t think was possible. They are now asking I send a check to them for the negative amount. Sounds really odd. I would have thought that Amazon would have just denied that amount of the purchase.

How long did it actually take for y’all to get cards? It has been about a month for me and so far nothing. 

I waited and had to call twice  finally after 4 months I called and received them a couple weeks later.

Thanks, I have called once already. I will try again. It really shouldn’t take this long. 

Customer service says you can check your debit card balance by texting the word “Bal” to #7283

The 800 number did not work for me but texting Bal to 7283 did!  Thank you!

FFS this virtual card stuff SUCKS.  I dont have my card number to even use it and trying to get it SUCKS!!!!  Long story short once you get it write it down and DONT lose it.  I cant even log in on the North Lane site to access it either.

How long did it actually take for y’all to get cards? It has been about a month for me and so far nothing. 

It took almost 2 months for mine to come in. And they still owe me one more.

The number 1-800-439-9568 worked for me to check the balance. Sort of convoluted that I had to find out about that here in this chat and that this wasn’t provided when I got the virtual card. Almost like T-mobile is trying to make this process of getting money back harder than it needs to be.

what if I have a few dollars left on card? How I can use that? Any ideas?

I spent many hours trying to find this info online. Finally, I spoke to a T-Mobile rep who helped me. This is where you go to get the info: https://login.northlane.com

This is the site to check your balances. It is no where to be found on T-Mobile.

Pperfect! Thank you!

Is there a way to transfer funds to a checking accounts? Also, card has been activated and pin has been set but no luck with using the cards. Have tried online bestbuy, target, ebay, etc. Any advice anyone?

Is there a way to transfer funds to a checking accounts? Also, card has been activated and pin has been set but no luck with using the cards. Have tried online bestbuy, target, ebay, etc. Any advice anyone?

From what I have been reading, the cards can only be used now at T-Mobile.  Conflicting statements in the Terms and Conditions for MyPaymentVault and North Lane.