Question

If ther is no loyalty discount, why are you staying?

• 28 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Mint Mobile has unlimited plan for $30. Right now they have a deal where its $15. I have asked several time for a loyalty discount but T-Mobile doesn’t seem to offer this program. Have any of you made the switch, is Mint Mobile a viable option? Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Mint Mobile has unlimited plan for $30. Right now they have a deal where its $15. I have asked several time for a loyalty discount but T-Mobile doesn’t seem to offer this program. Have any of you made the switch, is Mint Mobile a viable option? Thanks!

It is $15 for the first 3 months. In order to get $30 per month after promotion, you have to pay $360 up front for one year of service. In that one year of service you are capped at 35 GB or less than 3 GB per month. You still get unlimited data after cap, but at a much slower rate unless you buy another year of service early.

Basically Mint is a prepaid plan so hard to compare apples to apples with a Tmobile unlimited plan.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

It is $15 for the first 3 months. In order to get $30 per month after promotion, you have to pay $360 up front for one year of service. In that one year of service you are capped at 35 GB or less than 3 GB per month. You still get unlimited data after cap, but at a much slower rate unless you buy another year of service early.

Basically Mint is a prepaid plan so hard to compare apples to apples with a Tmobile unlimited plan.

Correction the unlimited is 35 GB per month so virtually unlimited but still requires full up front payment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Seems almost like a no-brainer as long as you can live with the soft data cap and lack of roaming, both domestic and international. I do like to travel, so it’s pretty much a non-starter for me.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Seems almost like a no-brainer as long as you can live with the soft data cap and lack of roaming, both domestic and international. I do like to travel, so it’s pretty much a non-starter for me.

It’s not apples to apples since there are so many extras under Tmobile popular plans. As you say, if none of those are value to you and you only need one line, then Mint and others are worth a look including Tmobile’s own version of Mint which is Metro. TMO standard plans are not the best option for one line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I use to have a Sprint mnvo that was switched to a TMobile mnvo. The thing I noticed is you get a great deal on a plan, with the TMobile mnvo I do pay $45 every 3 months for unlimited talk and text and 3gb of data but I have to pay full price for a phone . Not a big deal since when I upgrade my TMobile line I use the old phone on the mnvo.