Solved

In-Store Representative Lied to Make Us Sign Up, T-Mobile Support Won't Make It Right

• 27 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We were made to sign-up under false pretenses that we would be receiving a 20% monthly discount ($34) for the Magenta MAX plan from an in-store representative. He claimed it was for friends and family, and that he’d use it for us to entice us to sign up.

2 months and multiple trips to the store later, the discount keeps disappearing from our account. The store manager (Ryan) was helpful and provided us with bill credits and a new code when he didn’t know what the problem was. Eventually I called T-Mobile Support (611), and they’ve informed us that we were never eligible for the code, and that it’s too bad and we have to deal with it.

I’m furious that T-Mobile could just lie to our faces and coax us into signing up with them under false promises (which we have paper trail documents from the in-store employee), only to have them yank it out secretely and told to “deal with it”. If this issue isn’t resolved, we are likely to cancel our plan and never recommend to any person with a conscience. This cannot be legal, I don’t believe it so.

icon

Best answer by Paul Kim 27 March 2023, 20:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I sought some council, and it seems to be Negligent Misrepresentation (Innocent Misreprestation at best), and we will likely seek bill creditation of $34 per month as the contract stipulated or a no-fault canceling of our contract with all fees paid for by T-Mobile.

BEWARE of any promises made by T-Mobile! They cannot be trusted. Make sure to have all deals done in writing if you are at the store!

Same here, signed up November 10th every billing since has been wrong and I have 13 pages of screen shots of every time I have contacted. Finally a supervisor contacted me and offered a one time credit for the year $810. Which is fine but what about the years after? I accepted the money and will leave after the year is up. They are losing 8 lines when I leave. The supervisor said there system will not allow them to override what I was supposed to have and promised at the store after 4 months of trying they gave up to offer me $810.00

If anyone from T-Mobile reads this do know I will never try or come back to your screwed up service/system. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

!!! Update:

I contacted T-Mobile support throughout the week, and last Friday (3/31) a representative gave me the impression that the issue is taken care of. However, I’m getting mixed messages saying that the issue has been escalated to a supervisor which means the situation is still unresolved.

If T-Mobile makes this right then I’ll let you all know.

I had a similar experience. A sales agent on the phone by the name of Deja promised us the moon, when all we wanted was the Essentials 55+ plan plus bundled internet. After insisting we only wanted the 55+ Essentials and triple checking to make sure she signed us up to the right plan and assured that this was the case, found that no, in fact she had signed us up for the most expensive plan and none of the promises she made - free Netflix, $200 mastercards per line, were true. The billing situation still isn’t correct and as I type this, am waiting on hold AGAIN to talk to billing in order to correct the error.  I’m guessing Deja was trying to meet a sales target and could care less what we wanted. Probably was hoping we wouldn’t check our bill until it was too late. She should be fired and Tmobile should have worked to correct the problem. If the billing situation isn’t fixed by next month, I will be kicking their service to the curb forever and going with one of their competitors. 

I switched 2 phonelines & internet to TM back in April.I was not offered any FREE 2023 phone as all their advertisements claim from in store rep. My old phone quit working immediately as it wasn't compatible with their 5G network. I phoned CS for assistance. I was offered S20FE however my son was not offered any upgrade. I spent 2:39minutes discussing exactly what upgrading hus phone would cost. I was told $6.00, however when I received the contract to E sign it stated $30.00 for 24 months. When I called back for the 5th time to discuss "this months promotion" as I've been attempting to upgrade my son's phone since April ( he gets no 5G), NO NOTES or quotes were documented in all my 2 hour calls since April. Magically they all disappeared & no one can help. I also had been told it was $25.00 to add another line, however that was also false information. TM started out good but now their true colors are shining through just like my previous carrier & their #1 competitor. 

I'm furious over TM's repeated lies,false quotes, & promises and no follow up

Soon to be x customer as they've told me too many lies & my son still doesn't have a working 5G phone

I have not been with tmobile for 1 month yet and I am experiencing this EXACT PROBLEM. Why are these associates so comfortable doing this? My bill is ridiculously high. None of the credits promised are being reflected. I will have visited this store every week for 4 weeks  straight when I go tomorrow. I live a very long distance from the store.  I really regret coming to this company. This has been a nightmare. The service is great but they are BIG LIARS and literally ROB YOU FOR LOTS OF MONEY. WHY IS THE WORLD SO CORRUPT? HOW IS THIS S#$T LEGAL?

I had a similar experience. A sales agent on the phone by the name of Deja promised us the moon, when all we wanted was the Essentials 55+ plan plus bundled internet. After insisting we only wanted the 55+ Essentials and triple checking to make sure she signed us up to the right plan and assured that this was the case, found that no, in fact she had signed us up for the most expensive plan and none of the promises she made - free Netflix, $200 mastercards per line, were true. The billing situation still isn’t correct and as I type this, am waiting on hold AGAIN to talk to billing in order to correct the error.  I’m guessing Deja was trying to meet a sales target and could care less what we wanted. Probably was hoping we wouldn’t check our bill until it was too late. She should be fired and Tmobile should have worked to correct the problem. If the billing situation isn’t fixed by next month, I will be kicking their service to the curb forever and going with one of their competitors. 

So true. Me too

We signed up for Magenta Max+ in October 2022 and were offered "free" phones.  I had a 2 month old phone, but the sales rep said "It's free, why wouldn't you get it?"  Then we were told we owed over $200 dollars. We said that we thought they were free?  The sales rep said we owed tax on them.  Our TMobile home internet has been a terrible experience.  Very slow. Constant interruptions and outages. Then in October and again in December our internet all but stopped.  We were told that we had used up all of our data and it switched to a slower speed.  We bought more data, it sped back up.  New billing cycle started and it slowed back down.  

All this to say, we finally gave up and switched our innernet to Verizon.  We called to cancel TMobile home internet and found out how much we are really  paying for our FREE phones.  Also, there was to be no contract and here we are stuck with 2 phones we do not need for which we owe over $600.