international calls

• 17 November 2017
  • 7 replies

T-mobile should be able to block outgoing international calls without blocking calls to Mexico & Canada. Or at least to warn its customer that they are about to make international calls before they can proceed (like how verizon do) and not just send them a text message after they make the call.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Caribbean islands in the NANP too! Of course, unless they are charged as domestic calls.

Unfortunately they just send you a text with a huge bill

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi there and thanks for posting. We certainly want you to be aware of any charges for international calls before they happen. Are you continuing to be charged for international calls? We do wanna make sure this doesn't happen in the future.

Userlevel 6

Hi there, @fellag07​! Just wanted to check in here and see how things were going. We appreciate the feedback about both the international block limitations and advance notice that you're dialing internationally -- it's a bummer to read that you were taken by surprise by a call placed! I also want to check in as Mike mentioned above and ensure that you're doing OK at this point and we've taken what action we can to prevent charges like these in the future.

Thank you so much Marissa and Mike, honestly I'm so afraid to even try to make an international call to see if I will be warn or not (I'm just trying to avoid as much as possible to make international calls by mistake), but I really will appreciate it more if T-mobile can block the international paid calls without blocking the free ones.

Userlevel 7

There's an Android app called Advanced Call Blocker that will block calls to selected area codes.

Thank you drnewcomb2, unfortunately I have an I-phone.