Solved

International rates over WiFi calling

• 25 April 2018
  • 28 replies

Hi,

I’m very confused about the international rates when making a WiFi call to a number overseas on a T-Mobile One plan. According to the support page, which I have read a thousand times, wifi calls are billed at 0.20$ per minute to most countries.

But I’ve been now billed over $200 (over 3.00$ per minute) for one call to a Netherlands mobile and a second call to a Switzerland landline. How is this possible?

If the policy on the website is incorrect, it should be fixed. I would also ask to be reimbursed for these two calls as the policy was misleading (I would have called from another phone had I not already read the policy and been assured the rate would be 0.20$ per minute.

text and link below: l

• If you have a T-Mobile ONE or Simple Choice rate plan:

Wi-Fi Calling

How do I get this resolved? The customer care people I’ve spoken to can’t figure out what I’m talking about.

Laura

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 27 April 2018, 18:07

View original

28 replies

This is true, I emailed the presidents office for Tmobile.  They realized everyone was using WIFI calling so changed their terms, very sneaky and manipulating.  Not a very smart move to “loyal” customers in my opinion and very deceitful.  I have looked at other companies since as I just don’t trust them or their billing.  They make their plans beyond complicated to try and trick you and it works naturally in their favor.

Badge

So when you are in abroad, calling to US numbers from US numbers via Wi-Fi calling, you still get charged 25c/min? Both In and out going calls…? 
What about people (who are in US) calling us (outside of US)? Do they get charged as well? 
SO confusing…

T Mobile’s international calling policy is too confusing and I am sure it is to cheat people and make money.  I was charges 54$ and 66$ for 18 minutes and 22 minutes call to my mom.  Ruthless and Cheaters