Solved

International roaming with Simply prepaid

• 18 November 2018
  • 8 replies

Hello, is it possible to use Simply prepaid plan with international roaming? I just need to be able to receive text messages in Europe. I found conflicting information on the community forum, so I'd appreciate up to date information on this. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by magenta6842408 21 November 2018, 04:40

Hey,

Is international roaming applicable to simply prepaid?  - answer is no

Can I use prepaid "Pay as you go" plan in China?  and prepaid international roaming - answer seems to be yes

I'm thinking of getting Simple Prepaid for $50 monthly.

Thanks!

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Sorry for any conflicting info. Can you post the link and let us know what info you're checking out? Also, can you tell us exactly which Simple Prepaid plan you're on?

Hey,

Is international roaming applicable to simply prepaid?  - answer is no

Can I use prepaid "Pay as you go" plan in China?  and prepaid international roaming - answer seems to be yes

I'm thinking of getting Simple Prepaid for $50 monthly.

Thanks!

You're supposed to be able to add international roaming for a $5/mo fee but I have no idea how you add it to your account. The rates and countries are different from postpaid roaming. The rates are higher.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Ah okay. I see what you mean. We do have a dedicated page that goes over the Prepaid International Roaming | T-Mobile.​ As mentioned above, there is a $5 feature for Mexico and Canada. For other countries, you can look at the link I posted for calling rates in other countries.

Thank you!

Hey, I was just at the T-mobile shop and I've been told that prepaid plan does not support roaming outside US, Canada and Mexico.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You bet! Sorry for any confusion but let us know if you have more questions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

That's pretty strange they'd say that. Like the link I posted shows, as long as you're on the right prepaid plan, you can use the service in Canada and Mexico.