Question

Internet / Service

• 10 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

T-mobile service is awful, unfortunately I’m already totally aware of that by now. 

Just wondering if overall, the internet is as bad as everything else? (like all cell phones etc?) 

I assume yes, but I’m working on redoing my whole family’s internet plans (trying to finally get away from Xfinity!) and figured I’d quickly ask the question before crossing them off the list.

thanks! 

7 replies

Do NOT get their internet service! The download speeds are from 0.35 mbps to most often below 10. (We’re paying for 25). When calling tech support, they confirm it’s not the various towers. They blame the modem device. One tech support kept telling me how he was such an “expert’ and “not to worry” that we’d have a new device in two days. (Then I got two e-mails saying it wouldn’t be shipped for almost a month!). Another tech support guy blamed it on covid & more people needing home access...but that seems to be only part of it. (Their devices out the door are turning up as “bad apples” and replacements are likely happening across the USA.  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I'm getting over 200mb. The upload used to be between 50 and 80. All of a sudden the upload is between 7 and 11 mb. Don't know why. Also I'm paying 60 bucks a month, yet TMobile sends me emails advertising for 50 a month. Wonder why I'm paying ten dollars more of that are offering it for less 

I agree

I get great speeds, but the service stops for a few minutes to half an hour every now and then (seems to be daily).

The problem happen at random times. During the interruption, the 5G signal is strong, the T-Mobile internet app connects with the gateway and says the service is working, but no device (tablets, laptops) has internet access.

“Tech” support has no idea what is wrong. Their canned “solutions” don’t address this issue.

The service is not reliable. Back to Xfinity …

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Location, location, location. T-Mobile’s Internet service seems to be highly location dependent. For some people, it’s fantastic. For others it stinks. I wish T-Mobile did a better job of pre-screening potential ISP customers. Having a bunch of disgruntled customers doesn’t do the brand any good. 

I pay money for a service that has interruption all the time, something not right.

Badge

Dismal download speeds between 5pm and 10pm. Right now at 9pm it is 0.26 mbps. This service is not ready for prime time. Spectrum just lowered their internet service to $49 month. Very disappointed with T-Mobile.