Question

iPhone 12 mini on us promo isn't working as promised

• 2 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

We purchased two iPhone Minis during the iPhone 12 mini on us trade in program.  When I printed the label to send the iPhone 8 Plus back it states credit will be $127.00, not the $730 that was promised.  I am waiting on customer service to call me back.  If they don’t honor the deal I will give them the 12 minis back, pay the restocking fee and go to another carrier.  Has anyone else had this problem?

6 replies

Badge

Similar problem.  I haven’t submitted my 8 plus because when I printed the delivery instructions they said I would get $127 credit.  I will return the mini and find an offer from another carrier if they don’t honor the deal. Good luck to both of us.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Those trade-in credits are based on a number of factors.  They also state, up to, in the fine print.  $127 is your best case scenario based on your device in mint condition. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Just a couple things about this offer that play a part into the promo: In order to get it up to $730 in credit, both lines would need to be new purchases set up with EIP. The other thing is that the payout will be in the form of a monthly credit, so you’ll see it over time if you qualify.

This is happening to me too.  I was told that this is happening to a lot of people and this is a glitch in the system.  Our first iphone 8 that we traded in December was in mint condition and the Tmobile store inspected and even boxed up the iphone 8 for us to send off.  The Tmobile store at the time assured me that we qualified for the promo.  We did get promo applied on our account then we were dropped out of the promo for no reason.  The phone rep gave me a personal guarantee that it would be take care of and put notes on our account.  I will be calling in a few days to follow up.  I really hope this is not a bait and switch. I have been really happy with Tmobile the last couple years and this first issue we have had since we switched to Tmobile.

Has anyone got this promotion honored?  I was told the other day I would have to wait until March for this promotion to kick back in and that it will be applied.  I just don’t know if I can trust this information.  I have never seen a mobile phone service apply the promotion for a month and then drop you out of the promotion.  This is a horrible way to do business!  

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Promotions can take up to 2 months to show up on your bill.  Customer Care should be able to see if the promotion is in progress on your account.  You might be able to see the promotion details in your my.t-mobile account as well under active promotions.