Question

iPhone T-Mobile App issue

• 11 October 2021
  • 24 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi everyone,

When using the t-mobile app after signing in an error page keeps popping up. It says “Sorry, Something went wrong. We weren't able to process your request at this time. Please try again later.” There are two buttons at the the bottom that say ‘Dismiss’ and ‘Try again’. If you click the dismiss button it just brings you to a white screen with the t-mobile logo in the middle and the words ‘and done’ at the bottom. If you click try again, the same error screen described above re-appears over and over again. Neither of the buttons fix the issue.

I have an iPhone XR. I’ve downloaded, deleted and re-downloaded the T-mobile app multiple times to remedy the issue but it does not. My account is not pre-paid. Using a web browser, I can log into my account with no issues. Anyone else having these same issues? Anyone have a fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

24 replies

From the looks of it, this has been going on for several months and T-Mobil has done nothing to rectify this.  I was migrated over from SPRINT and have had a nightmare experience every since.

Did anyone out there come up with a fix?  I have tried everything suggested and still nothing.  My account on the web is messed up since the migration and they said use the app instead.. That would be nice if it WORKED!!!

Hey all. It has nothing to do with any settings on the Tmobile website. 

IPhone (Android similar), go into settings, find the app, find the section that says Tmobile Settings  near the bottom, there is a switch that says Clear App Cache on Next Launch. That fixes it. 

Rich

Add me to the list. Migrated from Sprint. iPhone XR. Same problems as everyone else. We are sssoooooooooooooooo happy to be on T-Mobile now :(

I have tried all suggestions noted above. Nothing works. I have given up. I now tell everyone the app is worthless. T-Mobile’s attempt to address this has been laughable. As long as the mbl service works, I can live going to the website. There is no way I would ever consider T-Mobile for any other technology offerings if they can’t handle something as routine as an app on an iPhone.

My situation is very similar to most people in here. I was migrated over from sprint just a few weeks ago and I’ve had nothing but trouble since. After chatting with two different “experts” about the app not working I was told that the engineering team was aware of the issue and that I just had to keep trying to login. Then today, all of a sudden, my iPhone notified me that my phone was not activated and I lost all cellular service just like that. I was so upset! I was ready to change carriers but before I did I was gonna try one thing that has helped this issue in the past. I turned my phone off, took out the T-Mobile SIM card, put it back in and restarted my phone and that worked!! I opened the app and it found my account over the network without even having to login!! So to make this long story short, if you haven’t already try taking out the SIM card and putting it back. This may only work for customers who have migrated over from sprint. None of the “experts” I chatted with mentioned this as something I could try so I want to make sure people are aware of this being a possible solution. Hope this helps!

Same exact issue is happening to me and I’ve completely deleted and reinstalled the TMobile app several times.  Brand new customer here, never even used the app before.  I either get a “Something went wrong” or “You don’t have an internet connection” which is completely wrong, since I do.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi and thanks for posting. You could also try clearing the cache and data for the app. I’ve seen this message pop up occasionally. A workaround is to continue using the T-Mobile.com website to make changes you need. The last option to help with the app itself is to contact our Tech Care team to have them file a Help Desk ticket for this and get our backend developers to check this out for you.

Brand new customer here. The same thing is happening to me. I tried reinstalling the app and restarting the phone several times. Nothing helps. Could it have something to do with being a new customer?

I have an Android phone, a OnePlus Norton N100, their T-Mobile App has been doing that to me for about the last 6months too. And it's frustrating because I can't find any help with it, have done the MULTIPLE uninstalls, reinstalls, cache and storage clearings of the app and cookies and you name it I've tried it. And still, as of 10 mins ago, Its still not giving me that same message, same button options and same frustrating and enraging loop cycle of b.s., as you are experiencing.... But this hopefully updates the issue to not only limited to iPhone devices.... 

Hi everyone I may know the solution!

I had this problem all of a sudden two days ago, took it to t-mobile they did every single thing they could and could not fix my phone. Then I took it to apple, and immediately he knew what was wrong because he said he had 3 customers within the last 24 hours come in with the t-mobile carrier with the same problem I had.

How he fixed it is I logged into my t-mobile account, went to restrictions, and he said he thinks there was a problem where t-mobile or whoever has accidentally switched the restrictions to high. when I switched it to no restrictions my phone was perfectly fine again! I was so relieved. Hope this works for you guys as well.

Badge

I have been having this issue for over a year, several calls into support, still not fixed. This is a locked T-Mobile store purchased under contract iPhone. The mobile app should work! 

1. Analytics show the app accessing a strange url "core.sass.api.t-mobile.com”? Why is this a SASS application?  Why would it be referred from bitley, then to app store, every time I try and download it again? 

2. The privacy reporting shows the application reaching out to what seems to be the same static IPv6 addresses. Is this normal behavior? Wouldn't a static IP be able to track activity? 

3. What is the purpose of the build number? Doesn't every customer receive the same app platform? Android? Apple? 

see screenshots below 

I’ve been a customer for years. My app suddenly stopped working on my iPad. I deleted the app, restarted iPad, cleared cache… all the usual stuff. I then installed the app on my wife’s iPad… same bad result. Problem is undoubtedly in the app.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Where do I find “restrictions”? 

Thanks!

It may be Web Guard.

Log into your account, Profile --> Family Controls --> Web Guard --> Permissions.

Check your permission level.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I’ve been a customer for years. My app suddenly stopped working on my iPad. I deleted the app, restarted iPad, cleared cache… all the usual stuff. I then installed the app on my wife’s iPad… same bad result. Problem is undoubtedly in the app.

Apparently a known problem with iPad iOS 15.2.

It’s not Web Guard. My settings default to OFF.

After several cycles of deleting and installing the App, it finally opens but won’t accept my login credentials. 

I talk/follow up with tech support every Tuesday. Hopefully they will have a solution today.

Add me to the list. It seems to be a problem that popped up in the last month or two. Hope t-mobile finds a solution.

IPhone (Android similar), go into settings, find the app, find the section that says Tmobile Settings  near the bottom, there is a switch that says Clear App Cache on Next Launch. That fixes it. 

Rich

Thanks Rich !!!

Rich

Thanks Rich !!!

I Cleared My Cache and switched to face recognition as soon as I got back on. No more problems.  Thanks again.   

I thought I was going mad. This has been a persistent issue. Has anyone had any luck resolving this issue?

I am still having this very same issue. This is my 2nd phone with T-mobile. I was also migrated over from Sprint. I am seriously thinking to cancel services. I am not understanding how my service provider app does not work on my phone. This is very sad. I have had a ticket submitted with the tech department since August 2023 with no solution. 

Ive had the same issue for awhile now as well, it doesn’t matter WHERE I access the site, I’ll have the exact same issue, I’ve had it pop up when logging in on my Mac and android phone

Where do I find “restrictions”? 

Thanks!

First of all, can you please tell me how to extract text the way you did? You display evidence in a neat and clean way that makes it easy to provide info that is easily understood. 

Finally, the reason I am here is due the same issues a lot of people are experiencing. I also have questions that unfortunately this unscrupulous company is going to evade and waste more time of the people they victimize rendering them helpless and frustrated. The reasons for the issues their customers are dealing with frustrations are way darker than anyone could imagine. 

Bear with me 

-This happened to my iPhone XR on day one of migration from Sprint to T-Mobile. Tech support has been working on it for 7 days and can’t figure it out.

Today they replaced the SIM card which didn’t fix the issue.

Please share where you find “restrictions” in settings.