Solved

Is Netflix on Magenta 55+ and Magenta MAX 55+ a "real" Netflix account?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Helper Level 1
  • 11 replies

With Magenta 55+ and Magenta MAX 55+, can the Netflix service be used other than on the phones? Like on the Roku box at home?

icon

Best answer by gramps28 5 June 2021, 02:34

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes but for me it's not worth it to change from my One 55+ plan.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

My primary concern was keeping the 10GB hotspot our current plan gives me. 

The “Magenta 55+” plan is the same price as what we have, has the same in-flight WiFi offering but only a 5GB hotspot and a pretty worthless Netflix offering.

The “Magenta Max 55+” plan has a potentially useful unlimited in-flight WiFi feature, an absolutely overkill 40GB hotspot and a normal Netflix offering. We’d basically end up paying $20/month for a $14 Netflix account and an hour or so extra WiFi time on the 4 flights we’ve been taking each year when there hasn’t been a plague.

We’ll be staying with our current plan, which has proven to meet our needs.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I recently switched from a no-longer available unlimited account to Magenta Max 55+.    This was the first account option that equaled and/or bettered my old account.  

I only have a single line so the Netflix offer for Magenta Max is a standard definition account worth 8.99.    I used the link provided by T-Mobile to move my existing Netflix account to T-Mobile control.

It was an existing premium 17.99 account so I get a 8.99 discount to $9.00 per month.    It is a real Netflix account; just the billing is done through T-Mobile.

By switching to Magenta Max 55+ and T-Mobile Home Internet I am saving $25 on internet service, $20 on phone service, and $8.99 on Netflix.   $54 per month savings.

Badge

It was an existing premium 17.99 account so I get a 8.99 discount to $9.00 per month.    It is a real Netflix account; just the billing is done through T-Mobile.

I was just posting about this.  New to Tmobile and have the Magenta 55+ with two free lines of SD Netflix.  Have an existing single user $8.99 Netflix account.  How did you go about using your existing account for signing up?  You said you used Tmobile’s link, but was in the general sign up link or a special one for existing Netflix account?  And you can watch it on a home tv with Roku or some streaming device?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try using this link. Go to redeem and there's an option for existing Netflix customers

Netflix on Us

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I was just posting about this.  New to Tmobile and have the Magenta 55+ with two free lines of SD Netflix.  Have an existing single user $8.99 Netflix account.  How did you go about using your existing account for signing up?  You said you used Tmobile’s link, but was in the general sign up link or a special one for existing Netflix account?  And you can watch it on a home tv with Roku or some streaming device?

Use the link posted above.

I have the same Netflix account that I had before I got the Netflix discount.   The only change is that the billing is done by T-Mobile and not by Netflix any more.

Badge

Is Netflix Standard HD included in the TMobile plan?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Depends on the plan and number of lines.

Magenta plans

• 2+ lines: We cover up to $8.99 towards the Netflix Basic (1 sreen, SD) subscription priced at $8.99.
  • You can upgrade to Netflix Standard (2 screens, HD), priced at $13.99, or Netflix Premium (4 screens, UHD), priced at $17.99, and we cover up to $8.99, which means you only pay $5 for Netflix Standard or $9 for Netflix Premium!!

Magenta MAX plans

• Single lines: 
    • We cover up to $8.99 towards the Netflix Basic subscription priced at $8.99
    • You can upgrade to Netflix Standard, priced at $13.99, or Netflix Premium, priced at $17.99, and we cover up to $8.99, which means you only pay $5 for Netflix Standard or $9 for Netflix Premium!
  • 2+ lines: 
    • We cover up to $13.99 towards the Netflix Standard subscription priced at $13.99.
    • You can upgrade to Netflix Premium, priced at $17.99, and we cover up to $12.99, which means you only pay $5! 

Magenta Plus, ONE w/ ONE Plus plans

• 2+ lines: We cover up to $13.99 towards the Netflix Standard subscription priced at $13.99.
  • You can upgrade to Netflix Premium, priced at $17.99, and we cover up to $12.99, which means you only pay $5! 

ONE plans

• 2+ lines: We cover up to $10.99 towards the Netflix Standard subscription priced at $13.99 which means you only pay $3!
  • You can upgrade to Netflix Premium, priced at $17.99, and we cover up to $10.99, which means you only pay $7! .

I appreciate that Netflix got a lot better with faster downloading, espeically when it comes to downloading multiple titles. When ever I'm on a plane, Netflix has no problem accessing the downloads page, unlike HBOMax.

I have 2 lines on the Magenta 55 + plan. Added Netflix Standard for HD viewing to replace my account that I was paying for.  My new total plan now shows I am being charged 13.99 for Netflix and that cost was added to my monthly charge. Am I missing something and shouldn’t the charge for the service be $5.00 per month.  How does this work? Do I get charged and then get a bill credit every month? 

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have one line Plus T-mobile home internet line and 55+ with Magenta , am I eligible?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Depends on the plan and number of lines.

Magenta plans

• 2+ lines: We cover up to $8.99 towards the Netflix Basic (1 sreen, SD) subscription priced at $8.99.
  • You can upgrade to Netflix Standard (2 screens, HD), priced at $13.99, or Netflix Premium (4 screens, UHD), priced at $17.99, and we cover up to $8.99, which means you only pay $5 for Netflix Standard or $9 for Netflix Premium!!

Magenta MAX plans

• Single lines: 
    • We cover up to $8.99 towards the Netflix Basic subscription priced at $8.99
    • You can upgrade to Netflix Standard, priced at $13.99, or Netflix Premium, priced at $17.99, and we cover up to $8.99, which means you only pay $5 for Netflix Standard or $9 for Netflix Premium!
  • 2+ lines: 
    • We cover up to $13.99 towards the Netflix Standard subscription priced at $13.99.

Magenta Plus, ONE w/ ONE Plus plans

• 2+ lines: We cover up to $13.99 towards the Netflix Standard subscription priced at $13.99.

ONE plans

• 2+ lines: We cover up to $10.99 towards the Netflix Standard subscription priced at $13.99 which means you only pay $3!
  • You can upgrade to Netflix Premium, priced at $17.99, and we cover up to $10.99, which means you only pay $7! .

WHERE is the above found on T-Mobile’s site? A website URL please? 

All current references I could find quote 2023 prices: “Netflix Basic (1-screen, up to $9.99/mo. value)” and “Netflix Standard (2-screens, up to $15.49/mo. value)” at https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/netflix-on-us I can’t find any reference for how much Netflix Premium costs through T-Mobile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are you trying to add another user? If so, you can't add it through Tmobile.

https://clark.com/streaming-tv/t-mobile-netflix-account-sharing/

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Not trying to add another user, though I do like Clark Howard. I upgraded to Premium, have Magenta Max, and the T-Mobile charge increased more than the difference between Standard and Premium including any sales taxes. T-Mobile appears to have no current reference for upgrade costs — that’s why I asked for a reference website address. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The costs will be in your Mytmobile account in the line add ons. My plan doesn't offer Netflix on Us but the pricing is there when I look.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

On my account page, T-Mobile describes the add-on as “$12.99 Netflix Discount” so the “up to $15.49/mo. value” is simply T-Mobile’s marketing, legalese description of a negotiated discount with Netflix and cannot be used to calculate the actual cost of Netflix Premium. 

The detailed breakdown of costs quoted by @cjake is no longer available on T-Mobile’s website?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That's because Tmobile changed the pricing to reflect the changes Netflix made so the detailed breakdown that you're asking about no longer exist.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

T-Mobile Will Continue To Offer Netflix Basic "On Us", Despite Netflix Ending The Plan (tmo.report)

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I believe the “up to $9.99” and “up to $15.49” reflect that Netflix has increased the cost of plans.

My account shows $8.99 is covered by T-Mobile and I pay $11 to upgrade to the $19.99 Premium plan.

I suspect a new subscriber that only qualifies for a free Basic plan like I do would get $9.99 covered by T-Mobile and pay $10 to upgrade to Netflix Premium.  Hence the “up to”. 

I suppose I could cancel and resubscribe to confirm, but it is not worth the risk of messing things up for $1.

Similarly, I suspect that a current subscriber who has the $13.99 Standard plan covered by Netflix would pay $6 to upgrade to Premium.   But a new subscriber that gets the new priced $15.49 Standard plan covered by Netflix would only pay $4.50 to upgrade to Premium.   Only speculation.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Not getting the Edit option on previous post.   I meant to say…

Similarly, I suspect that a current subscriber who has the $13.99 Standard plan covered by T-Mobile would pay $6 to upgrade to Premium.   But a new subscriber that gets the new priced $15.49 Standard plan covered by T-Mobile would only pay $4.50 to upgrade to Premium.   Only speculation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Not getting the Edit option on previous post.   I meant to say…

yeah i believe you only get one hour to edit. after that it’ll need to be marked to be edited.