Solved

Is T-Mobile really going to charge me more AFTER I switch carriers?

• 15 April 2018
  • 18 replies

Ridiculous to think that T-Mobile will shut me out of my online account as soon as I port my number to another carrier and I cannot go into said account and cancel and remove billing info. It is just another reason I`m glad I left. It seems they can continue charging me on an account that they no longer own the number too, I am not using through them, and they block you from cancelling. Total, utter, stupid business practice.Good luck T-Mobile, you will never make it!

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 16 April 2018, 16:30

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Verizon did the same to me when I left. It's an industry standard.

You need to reach out to T-Force using facebook or twitter and have them help you

with whatever you need for your closed account.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

When you port out your number it automatically closes out the account. That's why you can't access the account. You can switch from your next carrier and the same thing will happen.

No doubt both of you work for T-Mobile? LOL

AFAIK, none of the "big 4" carriers prorate partial months when you port out. Also, porting out the last (only) line on an account closes the account. I'm not sure why they shut down access to your online account information. Google Project Fi didn't do that when we ported out line out to T-Mobile. 

badbri69 wrote:

No doubt both of you work for T-Mobile? LOL

Actually, I don't think any of us do. T-Mobile employees who are here officially have tmo_ as the prefix to their user names. This is a community forum and a lot of us, myself included, are just customers.

Thats what I mean. No reason to make my account inaccessible if they are

going to continue charging me for things happening on my SIM? Crazy.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Can't compare Project Fi. Everything is tied to you gmail account, and not the phone number.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

badbri69 wrote:

Thats what I mean. No reason to make my account inaccessible if they are

going to continue charging me for things happening on my SIM? Crazy.

When you ported out it cancels your account so how are they going to continue charging you for things?

@tidbits​ That was just an example of how there are some carriers/MVNOs that elect to continue your online account access and prorate partial months when you port out. As I recall, CSpire also prorated our partial month when we ported that line to Project Fi. The way T-Mobile handles it, is not the universal practice.

Userlevel 3

Hey, @badbri69​! Let me start by saying I'm sorry we had to see you go! I totally get wanting to have a clear picture of what happens after you've ported out -- this is definitely something we should discuss with you before you port out. I'm very sorry if we had the opportunity to set this expectation and dropped the ball. 😥

When you port lines to another carrier, this effectively deactivates your line and cancels your service, which disables online account access. If you had a family plan with remaining active line(s) (that you haven't ported), you should still be able to log in to MyTMO using that/those number(s). Was this an option for you? Also, if this is a family plan and you have additional lines that you haven't ported out, please Community-2153​ ASAP to discuss what you'd like to do with them and make sure you have all the info you need!

Regarding charges, I know a lot of very knowledgeable folks have chimed in here -- you won't continue to accrue charges after your service is disconnected by merit of porting. Postpaid service is a monthly service -- so if you're in a bill cycle that's already begun, the charges have already been assessed and those won't change unless you also have installment plan balances that might be pending to bill out now that the account is cancelled. But you shouldn't see any additional charges for usage (toll calls, downloads or services billed to the account, etc) because you're no longer using the lines.

I hope that all makes sense! While we're not able to review your final balance or check for pending EIP charges from this public user forum, if you do have questions about your balance our T-Force team on Twitter or Facebook, or our Care team over the phone, are more than happy to help. If there are any general questions I can help with, please don't hesitate to ask! I know we've lost your business for now, and from the sound of your original post it doesn't sound like you had the kind of experience we'd like to provide -- but we'd like to at least make sure we can leave you with a good *last* impression, if nothing else. <3

Y’ all service sucks!!! And I switched my line to Verizon, your customer service told me whatever I used will be sent for a remaining balance. Still got charged full amount what a stupid unprofessional company.

get your ****** together.

I have similar problem. I switched my phones to another provider at April 28. I check my credit card statement today and found that I was charged for May and June (almost 300). So I waste pretty much time on my phone listening music til I was able to spear with operator and then she told me that she can’t verified my account. My phone numbers are not in T Mobile service and I don’t remember my passcode. So I have grub my Id and go to T mobile office tomorrow. And probably I have to call to the bank and blocked my credit card. I’m not sure that I will ever recommend T-mobile service for anybody. And the most funny that I can’t log in in my account, because system ask about correct phone number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Contact Tmobile using messenger on one of their social media accounts.

I try, but lady who speak with me, told me that I have to make a call to resolve this problem, after I call to service center and nothing happens, operator told that she can’t verify me, and I have to go to office with proper ID

I try, but lady who speak with me, told me that I have to make a call to resolve this problem, after I call to service center and nothing happens, operator told that she can’t verify me, and I have to go to office with proper ID

Same situation for my terminated T-Mobile account.  Visited the official local store and they also failed to reset my PIN and ask me call the support to follow up?!?!  They send me home and promise to investigate my case and never get back to me.  Back and forth to the store and calling support for the past 3 months and now I receive another letter from another debt collector representing T-Mobile to collect another $125 for unknown items!!!  

These forums are riddled with different variations of this same situation. When you call you get some person who is completely clueless on how to help, and goes out of their way to keep you from a supervisor. I’ve got a debt collector on me about $474, we haven’t had tmobile for 3 months. It’s obvious this is a serious problem. Matter of a fact, they withdrew $277 from my bank, I called they refunded the money and now it’s apart of a debt collection. When I call to resolve the issue it’s like they play a game to see how long they can keep me on the phone.

I was charged for the month because I ported my line out. From T-Mobile 😠. I ported them out the same day new service date (14th). Which I believe is robbery. Charging a full month of service in which  T-Mobile did NOT SERVICE my for that month.  THIEVES !!!!!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I was charged for the month because I ported my line out. From T-Mobile 😠. I ported them out the same day new service date (14th). Which I believe is robbery. Charging a full month of service in which  T-Mobile did NOT SERVICE my for that month.  THIEVES !!!!!  

The 14th is your billing date but your cycle end date is the one that matters. My cycle end date is the 26th and my billing date is the 15th so if I wanted to avoid another month of service I would need to port on the 25th before a new cycle starts.