Question

Is there anyway to get coverage again after paying a collections debt?

• 18 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’d like to start this off by saying that I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with T-Mobile since I switched over to them from Verizon earlier this year..

Long story short, I lost my job due to layoffs that occurred because of covid hitting earlier in the year. I had to dip heavily into my savings and prioritize which bills needed paying more urgently, so I ended up losing out on most of my entertainment(phone, internet, tv, etc) in order to pay rent and car notes. 

I racked up just over $300.00 in debt with T-Mobile this year, and just as I got back on my feet and saved the money to pay it, I got a letter in the mail saying that my debt was sent over to collections. 

I tried to go to the collection dept’s website, it was with EOS CCA I believe, and there was no record of my debt being taken onto any accounts with them yet.(I received the debt collection letter 3 days ago).

I have well over the amount owed right now and I’m finally able to pay it off, and I’d love to return to T-mobile and not have to switch.. I’m usually able to make payments on time too but this year kind of flipped my life upside down.

So finally my question(s) are:

1. Is it at all possible for me to speak to a representative and possibly make a one time payment to T-Mobile directly?
  2. Since the debt is with collections, is it too late? Do I just keep trying to contact them?
  3. Once this is all resolved, how would I go about getting back with T-Mobile as my carrier? My number was deleted and I can’t really sign into my account at the moment.

Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Customer Care would be best able to answer your questions and provide you with the information to find and take care of the collections balance.