Question

Just a question

• 1 January 2022
  • 0 replies

Badge

A friend of mine, a long-term T-Mobile customer, ended up getting into major trouble with a scammer. The person who scammed her convinced my friend to give over her account information (yes, I know it was stupid, and now she does too), and ended up trying to purchase 3 iPhone 13 Pros. One of them was successfully sent out and received with the other two put on temporary suspension. My friend reported the issue, but ended up getting her service turned off.

Now, she still has the phone, has a collections letter for the total amount of the phone and her past due phone balance (which was in the hundreds before the phone was added) and an intention to pay off the phone and bill. A few days ago (December 30th) she received an email stating “The ban on your account has been lifted. Please return the phone to T-Mobile”.

I may be silly here, but I’m pretty sure you don’t get ‘banned’ from T-Mobile, you just get a delinquency letter and, eventually, a collections letter. I’m also fairly certain they don’t ask you to send back a phone they’ve already sent the bill for into collections. So, my question is this: Is there really such a thing as a ban from T-Mobile?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!