Solved

Just had my phone # changed, how do I set up voicemail?

• 16 January 2018
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Hi, all. I just had T-Mobile customer service change my T-Mobile phone number. How do I set up voicemail for this new number now? I was given this URL:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1171

but when the system answers after I press and hold the 1 key on my basic phone, it doesn't go into "voicemail setup mode", if you will. If I enter my phone number, it tells me that number isn't valid.

I have the Pay as You Go – Legacy prepaid plan, in case it matters.

icon

Best answer by snn555 16 January 2018, 12:24

Might be a fluke. If possible I'd get online with TMobile in Facebook or Twitter and have them reset your voicemail and try again while you have them in chat. Or if you can call T-Mobile from another phone while you set it up that would work too.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6

Might be a fluke. If possible I'd get online with TMobile in Facebook or Twitter and have them reset your voicemail and try again while you have them in chat. Or if you can call T-Mobile from another phone while you set it up that would work too.

Userlevel 6

Hey there! It might take a little time for the new number to be established in the voicemail system so that you can activate it and set up a greeting. Have you had a chance to try again this morning now that some time has passed? How are things going for you?

It's been almost a week since I had the phone number changed.

I tried calling the voicemail system again just now; still no luck.

I'll try T-Mobile Help on Twitter as @snn555​ suggested.

Userlevel 6

Yeah, at this point, I think that's a good route to go -- I wouldn't have expected it to take a week! 😥 Please keep us posted on how things go, we may just need to add the feature to the account appropriately and provision it on the back end. If that's the case, I'm sorry that was missed!

I'm happy to report that T-Mobile Help via Twitter got it done. Thanks.

Userlevel 6

Yay!!!

Userlevel 6

Yay x 2!!! 😀 Thanks for coming back to let us know, I'm super glad you're all set!