Question

keller postman

• 13 October 2022
  • 41 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

I received an email from Keller Postman with a link to a DocuSign document re: settlement for data breach. I can't tell if it's legit or fishing. Does not ask for any person info but I am still wary.

41 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

They are a class action law firm. You can do some research on their website.

https://www.kellerpostman.com/

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you do a search on their website, there is no mention of a T-Mobile suit.

I got it too. I'm trying to figure out if it's legit also 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'd suggest contacting them since there's a lot of phishing schemes going on.

I noticed it asked for your social security in the docusign form. I'm very skeptical 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here's an article about the settlement and contact information.

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/how-to-claim-your-share-of-t-mobiles-350-million-data-breach-settlement/

I only had to sign, no social security number required. I chose Zelle for the payment method so I didn’t give any bank info. If it’s a scam they have no info so its seems legit. Anyone figure it out yet?

I remember completing something regarding this sometime ago.

I completed the docum and also used my cell info which is not at risk should this be a scam. Will keep you posted. 

UPDATE: I looked keller up and called them, it’s legit. the claim deadline closed 4/27, so if you are getting things from them, you’re good to go, the rest of us can’t file any longer with them, though they recommended i reach out to other firms for individual arbitration. I don’t want to spend the time on that so i’ll just go with the only one active i know of.

my buddy got this keller thing too, and I likewise can’t find any information online about how to submit, he said he’s qualified for $165, whereas the link from cnet only offers 25-100$

I legit did it right now. Hopefully its not a scam. It just asks for a signature and number for zelle. They did have my info adress ect. So. It cant be. Not legit 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Don't get your hopes up. The fine print will be “up to $165” since they don’t know how many claims need to be paid. TMO already paid the fine so it’s a matter of how much the lawyers take and how many  claims need to get paid out.

I signed up for a similar class action suit for ATT and they said up to 2,000 for any harm to me but at the end I got $22.

Only the lawyers get rich on class action suits. Since there are specific requirements to be given class standing, lawyers aggressively get customers to go under their class suit so they get the class action status first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Got something similar on a government owned Verizon number today.  These are definitely scams!

Coming from someone who works in Digital Fraud at a bank please be aware of what information you are giving. There has been a lot of scams where Zelle is being used. Typically if you get a settlement it is in check form. Not a Zelle payment. Do not give your Social Security Number as usually this type of info regarding a settlement(from my experience) is in an email form not a text message. These scammers are getting very smart and have been scamming people for thousands of dollars. Remember Zelle is still hooked up to your bank account. They can also mirror phone numbers. Just some info for you all. 

Userlevel 2

Got something similar on a government owned Verizon number today.  These are definitely scams!

I’m glad I looked further. I received that same text yesterday. Decided to call T-Mobile today and the representative said she didn’t know anything about it and that I can disregard the message. Others in another thread said it’s legitimate, however, I’ll heed the representative’s guidance on this one. 

Userlevel 2

Coming from someone who works in Digital Fraud at a bank please be aware of what information you are giving. There has been a lot of scams where Zelle is being used. Typically if you get a settlement it is in check form. Not a Zelle payment. Do not give your Social Security Number as usually this type of info regarding a settlement(from my experience) is in an email form not a text message. These scammers are getting very smart and have been scamming people for thousands of dollars. Remember Zelle is still hooked up to your bank account. They can also mirror phone numbers. Just some info for you all. 

“this type of info regarding a settlement(from my experience) is in an email form not a text message.” - Thank you for sharing this. I thought it was strange to receive a text message regarding this matter. However, there are others who are adamant that this is real. It’s kind of frustrating as I don’t know who to believe. I’ll go with what the T-Mobile rep said and disregard it. 

I legit did it right now. Hopefully its not a scam. It just asks for a signature and number for zelle. They did have my info adress ect. So. It cant be. Not legit 

It's definitely a scam. No class action suit will ask for bank info. Asking for Zelle info is the same thing. They will mail you a check if it's legit. Please monitor your bank account that is connected to your Zelle. 

I’m glad I looked further. I received that same text yesterday. Decided to call T-Mobile today and the representative said she didn’t know anything about it and that I can disregard the message. Others in another thread said it’s legitimate, however, I’ll heed the representative’s guidance on this one. 

representatives do not know anything more than the script that is provided to them.

search for news articles. CNET has one with links to the claim forms.

I agree I wouldn’t trust the text messages being sent, but link matches what is in the CNET article.

https://www.cnet.com/personal-finance/how-to-claim-your-share-of-t-mobiles-350-million-data-breach-settlement/

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

representatives do not know anything more than the script that is provided to them.

I agree I wouldn’t trust the text messages being sent, but link matches what is in the CNET article.

It might match up with what a CNET article mentions, but the government number was issued by Verizon and always been a Verizon number.  At least here, it’s either Verizon or AT&T for duty phones.  Nothing from T-Mobile.  There is a lot of spam that comes in on that number also that we don’t get on our T-Mobile phones.  

It might match up with what a CNET article mentions, but the government number was issued by Verizon and always been a Verizon number.  At least here, it’s either Verizon or AT&T for duty phones.  Nothing from T-Mobile.  There is a lot of spam that comes in on that number also that we don’t get on our T-Mobile phones.  

agreed. I told my mom to not use the ID or the link that came in on the text she received. Go to the site directly and request a new ID if she chooses to file a claim. Can only think the Verizon number was a mistake by the firm handling the class action filing. Data integrity and personal data security are just demonstrably low priorities.

As many point out the amount getting paid in no way matches the real value of the personal data.

Userlevel 2

I am aware that the breach happened because T-Mobile informed me of that last year. What I’m referring to is the form of communication that the settlement group chose. So, I am glad that I deleted that text. 

Same here, hardly worth giving up all that info for $25

Biggest scam is the lawyers making out millions while the people effected might as well get $0

I remember getting the email to become part of the class action case and filling it out. Then got a text yesterday stating my portion was $105 with a link to a Docusign. I haven't filled out anything on the Docusing because I'm not 100%sure if it's really from Keller Postman 

I received an email from Keller Postman with a link to a DocuSign document re: settlement for data breach. I can't tell if it's legit or fishing. Does not ask for any person info but I am still wary.

What is the actual email address the email was sent from?? That’s all you need to know. Then go see if it matches the real website’s email address.

Has anyone been able to get a resolution if this is legit and actually received payment?

This seems to be a fraud. The correct legal team representing the breach is Kroll. The phone number is 1-833-512-2314.