Question

Legacy Pay As You Go

• 13 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I had the Gold plan for many years. How does the replacement “Legacy Pay As You Go” work now?

6 replies

T mobile are not supporting the legacy plan in the open, instead encouraging users to go monthly etc.  But there are other users i know of that have it!

do you still get the 10 cents per minute regardless of the amount you refill?  Or do you still have to refill $100 to get it?

Badge

Spend the $10 to get $70 back.

You can’t let your Gold account expire. Put a reminder on your computer calendar, Google, etc. I set mine for reminders 7 days in advance of expiration. I have a $40 balance and just add $10 once a year. Works fine and I have an extra phone for backup. I obviously don’t use the phone much, but it is well worth $10/year if I lose or break my expensive phone.

Badge

You are correct, but mine has already expired because T-Mobile stopped sending reminders and I failed to follow the paper reminder taped to my computer. I cannot get the $70 back without moving to a plan that will cost at least $10 per month.

I lost my gold status long ago and was only rewarded another year standby when I called in.... After that I had to add $10 every 3 months. However it seems adding an entire $100 holds it for a year. (Gold or not) All good if You make use of the service enough to require refill. To be honest, I have zero trouble with the phone working except only ONE time the entire T-Mobile network crashed. I use the dollar a day plan but I was curious if I could find the actual details on how the plan works today example if I add $100 then $10, will it nag me in 3 months again? Understanding they wouldn't want to loose money but there is obviously not enough grandfathered plans to effect the company budget. 

Badge

I use T-Mobile phone only for emergencies. I was not aware of a change in the Gold plan. But I kept adding $10 every 12 months and over 3 years my balance increased to $43. I am guessing that I can keep adding $10 every 12 months and keep making ten cent phone calls and text msgs.

Badge

T-Mobile appears to be actively trying to force users off the Legacy PAYG plan. It used to be that I would get a warning text a few days before my annual renewal was due, but that stopped a few years ago. Then, after getting the Account Suspended text without any warning, I would get my previous balance reinstated by refilling and calling Support. This year I had a balance of $70.65 when I missed my renewal date. When I called to request a refund, I was told by more than one offshore support person that I could only get my money back if I changed plans. Minimum plan is $10 per month. WHAT A RIPOFF! I have requested unlock codes for my phone.