Lied to about pricing and billing info...

Badge

I recently inquired 2 different times about how much it would cost to add a line for my daughter to my plan. I was told both times that my bill would only increase by $20 for the line, plus the cost of the installment of the new phone. which would put me at about $120 a month. After setting everything up and ordering a new phone, when I arrived home from work and started looking into my account more I noticed that my next billing cycle jumped more than 100% in cost. Obviously I expected an increase in the billing but an additional 95$ a month for one line is absolutely ridiculous.

After being with T-Mobile for more than 7 years, I think its time to switch to a new provider that isn't going to lie more than once to get my money. This is seriously some of the most dishonest Customer Service I've seen, and after momentarily browsing this community forum it looks to be common practice. 

Thanks T-Mobile. :thumbsdown:

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Did you check the breakdown on the bill? The extra money in the bill could be for taxes on the phone or prorated charges for changing in the middle of the billing cycle.

Badge

Did you check the breakdown on the bill? The extra money in the bill could be for taxes on the phone or prorated charges for changing in the middle of the billing cycle.

I did, that's what I checked when I arrived home. The new line is showing 95.42 a month. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Did you do a breakdown of the new line?