Question

Lied to by phone reps

• 1 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

So recently, my dad upgraded my phone online without my knowledge to an s22. If I had known I could upgrade, I would have chose the zfold3. I called t-mobile to ask about the swap, as I wanted to give them back the s22 I was mailed, and take the zfold3, which the website said with my upgrade would be about $8/mo whereas the s22 was free. When I called, the fold was out of stock and they told me I could keep the s22 for up to 30 days so i should keep it and call back in 2 weeks when the fold is restocked. So today, two weeks later, I call and they tell me that it was only a 14 day period I had to return the s22 so I am now outside of that deadline and that even if I had swapped, it would be like $75/mo for the fold plus a heavy down-payment. I was flat out lied to before. My line has been active with sprint for 20 years and I am severely disappointed with this gross mishandling of my account. The rep I talked to today told me I could wait 2 years and trade in for it. 2 years was her great solution for my issue. Verizon is looking very shiny today. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Was your previous phone on JUMP on Demand? If yes, then your return window is 30 days.

Also, try to escalate to TMO twitter escalation.