Solved

Lost or Stolen Device

• 27 January 2018
  • 9 replies

I got a Galaxy S7 Edge that was completely paid off but it's reported lost or stolen, if I go onto my account it says it's reported lost and it says if you found this device "Unblock now" I never reported this phone lost or stolen I had purchased it from a friend who has the exact same one as of right now. What should I do? Can I unblock it?

icon

Best answer by snn555 28 January 2018, 02:14

You need to contact T-Mobile via phone in store or social media like Facebook or Twitter. They can get down to the bottom of it. It may be a simple IMEI snafu.

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6

You need to contact T-Mobile via phone in store or social media like Facebook or Twitter. They can get down to the bottom of it. It may be a simple IMEI snafu.

Hey there!

Just wanted to check in and see if you'd been able to reach out like suggested above. 😊

-Lauren

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I find it curious that your friend sold you the phone and

has the same exact one.

Is there a chance your friend may have reported it lost and received a replacement not thinking that the lost one would be blocked?

Our customer purchased an IPhone X at an Apple Authorized Reseller in Brazil a month ago.

However, last week the IPhone had its IMEI blocked by the T-Mobile America carrier.

How to proceed to unlock the IMEI of the iPhone in question?

If necessary, where to send the proof of purchase of the IPhone to prove that it was purchased in Brazil?

Our customer purchased an IPhone X at an Apple Authorized Reseller in Brazil a month ago.

However, last week the IPhone had its IMEI blocked by the T-Mobile America carrier.

How to proceed to unlock the IMEI of the iPhone in question?

If necessary, where to send the proof of purchase of the IPhone to prove that it was purchased in Brazil?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hey there @ggraham408​ have you reached out to our T-Force folks for more help? Please let us know.

@suportetecnico you may wanna have the owner of the phone reach out to us too. They can check the on the specific block and they'll be able to better gauge if this is one we can unblock or not.

Is your friend trustworthy because this story does seem a bit odd.

Just checking in to see how things are going @ggraham408​. Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi there.

Did you still need some help here? Please give us a reply back and let us know. Thank you!