Question

lost phone at tmo grc fort worth, tx

• 26 April 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge

New to T mobile since end of December 2022.  Brand new iphone worked a week.  Returned to TMO GRC on January 6th.  UPS says delivered.  Tmobile keeps saying there but hasn’t been scanned into system.  Now months later, many calls, nothing they can do.  So, I am paying for a phone that was returned.  Its someplace in that warehouse.  This appears to be a problem for others too.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you follow all.of the return instructions, including placing the slip with the RMA number inside of the box with the device?  

Absolutely horrible experience, returned a phone for warranty exchanege T-Mobile received it, but said they didnt..3 months of calls and reassurances that it had been taken care of to get to the point of you need to set up payment arrangements to pay for the phone.  Trying to file a police report, and they do not have have an address for their return center, no contact at return center, no record of the original IMEI number they can provide in writing, no direct number to give Fort Worth Police department for theft police report….just a big circle of no caring or concern...

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

there wasnt a return address on the return slip?

I did not take a picture of it, before I sent.  I just have the received receipt from UPS that it was delivered and weighed almost 2 pounds...at first they said they did not receive the package, but then they said the box was empty, now they are excalating, since UPOS had a weight of almost 2 pounds...but this will be the 3rd supervisor to escalate it.  And to keep my phone on, I had to agree to set up a payment plan, which I said on their recorded line I would not.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

deleted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Absolutely horrible experience, returned a phone for warranty exchanege T-Mobile received it, but said they didnt..3 months of calls and reassurances that it had been taken care of to get to the point of you need to set up payment arrangements to pay for the phone.  Trying to file a police report, and they do not have have an address for their return center, no contact at return center, no record of the original IMEI number they can provide in writing, no direct number to give Fort Worth Police department for theft police report….just a big circle of no caring or concern...

Usually the reason returns don't go smoothly is when the instructions are not followed to ensure the device can be inventoried.  Did you put the slip with the phone's information  RMA number, and your information for your account in the box with the device like the instructions specify?

I have exactly the same issue, they claim that the phone was never received but I have UPS proof of delivery 2 months prior at TMO GRC. Now they want to make me pay $1,300 for a malfunctioning phone that I returned 2 months ago. Terrible company, I have been a customer of Sprint since 2000.

T-Mobile is scamming customers WOW

First time happing to us but same issue.  For the past couple of years we have bought and traded in our phone online. No problem.

This time we received the new phone.  I boxed up the trade in and correctly packaged and labeled it like I always have.  I tracked the box until it showed delivered to Dallas TX.  2 months later the trade in phone was never checked in at the warehouse.  After 5 phone calls to T-Mobile I was finally told I would have to file a claim with the USPS to recover my money from the trade in phone.  Meanwhile the charges for the traded in phone continue to appear on my bill.  I will never mail in a phone again.

Same issue, any reasonable solutions?

Badge

Apparently, there is a problem at the Ft. Worth Warehouse that T-Mobile does not wish to address.   The details appear to be the same.   I was having connectivity issues with my phone, Customer Service sent me a new one.   ( I’ll admit that I delayed in returning the phone until I could be sure that the connectivity issues had been resolved)  When I got the very first message from T-Mobile that I needed to return the phone, I did so the very next day.  I used the pre-labeled envelope that T-Mobile sent me and took the phone to the UPS Store.    This was 15 December 2023.  In checking tracking then, I learned it was scheduled to be delivered on 21 December 2023.   Tracking shows that it was delivered on 21 December 2023 to the Haslet, TX Warehouse, where it says a signature was obtained.    The tracking however continues that it was delivered again to the Ft Worth TX Warehouse on 4 Jan 2024.  

I assumed that the transaction was closed because the tracking showed the item was delivered and I received no further notice from T-Mobile that it was still pending.     

Fast forward to today, 1 Mar 2024.   I went into my T-mobile Money account and saw a charge for over $1249.89 .  T-mobile had charged me for the phone that I had returned.   I was shocked but assumed that it could be taken care of in short order by contacting Customer Service.  

I called and spoke with Ty.   She explained that the Warehouse had not scanned in the IMEI for the phone that was supposed to be returned.    She tracked down the tracking number from UPS and saw that it had been delivered.   However, she said, the ware house had not scanned the IMEI, so it had not been returned.    She inferred that it must have been empty or had some other weight in it.   (Basically accused me of not returning the phone)   When I challenged her inference, she said that she wasn’t saying that.  The thing is, about 10 minutes later, she made the same inference, that the package must have been empty or filled with something else.    She also said the weight of the package delivered should have been over 1.3  lbs, not .90 lbs. as the tracking documented.    (The phone weighs .83 lbs and with the cardboard envelope would certainly weigh closer to .90 lbs – not 1.3 lbs.    We got nowhere in the conversation, so after a great deal of trying to resolve the situation amicably, I requested that the call be escalated.  

About 20 minutes later, I was on the phone with Oscar.  While he clearly wanted to assure me that I’d been heard and even suggesting that the he understood my concerns, he finally explained that he couldn’t do anything about it.  He leaned on the Terms of Agreement, saying that until the phone is successfully scanned into the warehouse, I’m responsible for the $1249.89 and he could nothing more about it.   He also suggested that there was nobody that I could talk to that could anything more.    He advised that I’d have to take it up with UPS, even though I don’t have a contract with UPS, as T-mobile does, they created the label and I used their package with affixed label to return the phone.  

So, now begins the journey of disputing this bogus charge, canceling all of my services and using every avenue that I can to let people know that T-mobile apparently is willing to rip off their customers.   I’ll add that I switched both my Internet Service and two phones to T-mobile.   I also added two watches and enrolled with T-mobile Money.    I’ve appreciated the services and even recommended T-mobile to others.    Now – buyer beware.   T-mobile is willing to address their own problems, but rather hold the customer accountable for issues that they have zero ability to fix.    As it seems like this is a recurring problem with the warehouse, I definitely see a class action in the near future.