Question

Magneta 1.0 vs Magenta Plan

• 4 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge
I am still on Magenta 1.0. Trying to determine if I should switch to the regular Magenta plan. Can you tell me what this distinction in high-speed data means between the two? Am I only getting 4G LTE service at best with my current plan? What other notable differences might there be?

You sent

3 replies

Badge

Here’s what I got back from T-Mobile customer service…

The Magenta Voice 1.0 plan you currently have (which retired on 2/24/21) includes the following: Unlimited minutes and messaging Unlimited data on our 5G & 4G LTE network 5G access with compatible device & coverage area 200MB domestic data roaming Optimized video streaming at 480p 3GB of high-speed smartphone mobile hotspot Unlimited 3G speed Smartphone Mobile Hotspot after 3GB is used (up to 600 kbps) All recurring taxes and fees Mobile Without Borders Simple Global (up to 128 kbps) Stateside International Unlimited Texting Gogo in-flight 1 hour (unlimited flights/sessions) Scam Shield with Free Caller ID, Turn on Scam Block and free DIGITS Proxy line Netflix On Us (This plan includes a basic 1-screen subscription included, 2+ lines required)

The new Magenta plan includes the following: Unlimited talk, text and smartphone data on our 5G & 4G LTE network 5G access with compatible device & coverage area 5GB of high-speed mobile hotspot data Unlimited 3G speed Mobile Hotspot after 5GB is used (up to 600 kbps) 100GB Premium Data (won't be prioritized until after 100GB data usage) 200MB domestic data roaming Optimized video streaming at 480p All recurring taxes and fees Mobile Without Borders Simple Global (up to 128 kbps) Stateside International Unlimited Texting Gogo in-flight unlimited texting and 1-hour Wi-Fi Scam Shield, free Caller ID, Turn on Scam Block, free PROXY by DIGITS line Netflix On Us (Requires 2+ Magenta voice lines to get the Netflix Basic subscription on us)

You highlighted and asked for clarification regarding the difference in the data for each plan. The only difference in the data is regarding the hotspot only. The current plan has 3GB of high-speed mobile hotspot data and the new plan has 5GB of high-speed mobile hotspot data.

So is it worth it to switch then?

So is it worth it to switch then?

Looks like it. In my case, switching would lower my bill AND give me more. This is a no brainer for me yet here I am.