Question

Military Overseas

• 7 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello, I am in the military and I will be going to Okinawa, Japan soon. I spoke to a representative and was given an email that I could send to waive the international roaming fees. May I get that email again so I can forward my orders?

4 replies

Military Status Verification | T-Mobile Support

I knew T-Mobile would let you suspend your account without charge but I was unaware that they  would waive roaming fees.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

We don't have access to your account here on Community, so we won't be able to view or resend any emails. You'll need to contact us over the phone or through Twitter / Facebook so we can see what's going on. But I've never heard of us waiving international roaming, usually we help you suspend your account and unlock your device so you can use a local SIM card to avoid those.

I called to ask about coverage in Okinawa a couple months ago because I am PCSing there also. The representative I talked to told me the same thing that for individuals on Military orders they have a special program that will allow you to keep and use your existing plan and all overseas fees would be waived. He was going to send me the information about providing a copy of my orders so my account could be setup. I was talking to him on a speaker phone and could not write anything down and did not have my orders yet so I told him I would call back and get the information. I received my orders yesterday and called back and the person I got on the phone this time acted like I was speaking Klingon. He had no clue what I was talking about and did not know how to help me. Apparently, this program is little known by employees and I got lucky the first time when they told me about it. If you get any further information please post it and I will do the same.

I called and talked to another person and they told me that there isn’t a special program for military on orders and there never was. The was a 90 day program for everyone that ended June 30th. However it was COVID-19 related not military. Honestly I think the person I talked to just had no clue what I was talking about since the original person told me I would have to provide my orders. The only other thing both people I talked to this week would say is I could be on a military plan. But that also would not require me to send in my orders. I have been on the military plan for years and never sent in any orders.

A clear case of not getting the correct representative with enough experience to help me. The first person knew what was going on and offered me something that most people do not know about or did not care to tell me about. That is what I think has happened.