Misrepresentation of North America Plan

• 20 June 2017
  • 3 replies

Decided to go the family plan route and went to a T-Mobile store for help. We live in Mexico right across the border and it was the first thing we told the representative. He immediately showed us the North America Plan and said without a doubt this is the best plan offered anywhere for UNLIMITED everything in the USA Canada and Mexico. He kept stressing the UNLIMITED. Totally untrue! We started getting texts from T-Mobile stating we were roaming more than 50% of the time and our service risked termination. So after purchasing 4 phones to the tune of $3000 and signing for a 2 year family plan agreement for the North America Plan it turns out it's pretty much worthless in our case. DO NOT listen to anyone from T-Mobil. They will tell you whatever they want to close a sale well knowing it's fraudulent information. Not to mention all their advertising and brochures promote the same fraud. When I complained they told me to turn the roaming off. Not only are they frauds they're ignorant. What's the point of having an expensive high tech phone if you have to search out wifi to use it? BEWARE

3 replies

Does this look like UNLIMITED everything to you?

Unless explicitly permitted by your Rate Plan or Data Plan, you are not permitted to use your Device or the Service in a way that we determine:

• Results in more than 50% of your voice and/or data usage being off-net (i.e., connected to another provider’s network) for any 3 billing cycles within any 12 month period;
Userlevel 3

Hi @magenta1934943

Welcome to the T-Mobile Support Community.

So sorry to hear of your plight. I am only another customer like yourself and wish I could do more than just provide some encouragement and emotional support. I hope some of the T-Mobile community managers are able to quickly step in with the proper advice for you, that will lead to a quick resolution of your very serious problem.

Sadly, I personally never, ever believe anything any T-Mobile store salespeople tell me without independently verifying it directly with phone customer support representatives.

I have been told that T-Mobile takes a dim view of employees intentionally misleading customers. There is absolutely no excuse for any misunderstanding to have taken place in your situation. Any store employees who are located in close proximity to the Mexican border should be required to clearly explain that you cannot use excessive roaming in Mexico, especially when knowing that you live there full time.

I know you are really stressed out. Please let me ask you to try to not get too  upset. Please try to have faith that somebody in authority will follow up on the issue you are having. I really believe that T-Mobile will handle your situation in a fair and equitable manner.

Art

Yes, they are a fraud.  They will give you fake ringtones, so you think the phone is ringing in Tijuana, when nothing is ringing, but the tone in your phone's speaker.  My brother in TJ has a Mexican phone carrier, so I ask him, "let me know if it rings".  I call the "grandiose" t-mobile phone in TJ, the stupid thing goes through the ringing routine, then takes me to voicemail.  I then, call my brother and ask him, "did it ring"..."not once" he replies.  Other times, you get an automated "operator" message telling you that the number you dialed is either out of service or something...the point is, out of 100 times, I may connect once or twice. 

It is a frustrating fraud, We should get together and class-action sue for false advertising.

1)  False ringtones

2)  No connection

3)  The calls to and from Customer Service (611) are perfect, loud and clear...that's how they rigged it, so when you call, the rep will say something like, let me call you to test it out, then they will call you and like I said, calls from and to T-Mobile will never fail, so the rep will tell you in a Philipino accent, "it seems to be working fine sir..." so then you just have no choice but to bend over and take it.

A friend of mine used to say, "when rape is inevitable, just lay back and enjoy it..."

You can always disconnect service.