Question

Missing Phone Numbers and Texts from Usage

Badge

I read the answer from a year ago and that can’t be correct. My text usage has numbers from friends and family that are iPhone to iPhone and on the “wireless network”. If those numbers show up, why wouldn’t all iPhone numbers? And regardless, the phone number(s) on my usage history should always be there. I have messages from only 1 day that don’t have a phone number on my usage report. 1 day. Wouldn’t it more likely be that there was a network error on that day or something more plausible seeing as how most of us with this issue have seen our other iPhone to iPhone texts for months. 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It’s an Apple issue because they use an encrypted data messages through Apple and won’t show as SMS/MMS on your bill. You need to shut it off.

Settings > Messages > iMessage (toggle off.)

Badge

Does the Device Lock affect the functionality of the device?

Badge

It’s an Apple issue because they use an encrypted data messages through Apple and won’t show as SMS/MMS on your bill. You need to shut it off.

Thx

Badge

Reposting

I had created a account on here awhile back but I’m not sure how those other questions were placed under my account. It seems like someone who had access to my account info, or old phone which was stolen, but logged into my iCloud may have access to my phone info. I definitely did not post those questions about unlocking my phone. Additionally, I found that there was an unlocking iphone linked to my history. I have noticed a lot of discrepancies on my TMobile bill as well as lines attached to one of my lines that I did not place. I keep asking Customer Service and they assure me everything is fine. Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

Badge

I’m not sure I understand. My wife has an iPhone 11, my son the XR and I have the 8sPlus. My sons messages and my messages appear on our text usage app. Since Jan 1 my wife’s iPhone 11 has not shown and iPhone to iPhone messages yet my sons and mine still show all text usage since January. Something had to have happened to her iPhone on Jan 1 that changed her text usage. All of her texts were showing until Jan 1. Previous months had her with 14-17 pages of texts, which is normal but in Jan she only had 5-7 pages and for all of the following months. 

Badge

I read the answer from a year ago and that can’t be correct. My text usage has numbers from friends and family that are iPhone to iPhone and on the “wireless network”. If those numbers show up, why wouldn’t all iPhone numbers? And regardless, the phone number(s) on my usage history should always be there. I have messages from only 1 day that don’t have a phone number on my usage report. 1 day. Wouldn’t it more likely be that there was a network error on that day or something more plausible seeing as how most of us with this issue have seen our other iPhone to iPhone texts for months. 

I’m not sure I understand. My wife has an iPhone 11, my son the XR and I have the 8sPlus. My sons messages and my messages appear on our text usage app. Since Jan 1 my wife’s iPhone 11 has not shown and iPhone to iPhone messages yet my sons and mine still show all text usage since January. Something had to have happened to her iPhone on Jan 1 that changed her text usage. All of her texts were showing until Jan 1. Previous months had her with 14-17 pages of texts, which is normal but in Jan she only had 5-7 pages and for all of the following months. 

Badge

Thx

Badge

Reposting

Badge

This happens to me too.  My co-worker has an iphone.  I get that at work we might be on data (which is no excuse, the IRS wants to know if this is a work phone so ALL work texts and calls should show up)  but If I am at home and THEY Are at work and text me why are THOSE texts not showing up either?  It’s ridiculous.  we should have records of every single call or text we make or receive.