Blog

MLB.TV Help Guide

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

MLB.TV is back for 2021 and we wanna make sure folks can use it. We’ve created a help guide for those needing help with redeeming the offer.

Possible Errors

Please enter valid (phone number, email, etc.)

Double check the entry to make sure it’s the one you set up originally. Check for spelling and other missing info.

Code previously redeemed

It’s likely you’ve already redeemed the offer.  Head to the MLB.TV sign-in page.  If you’re still unable to redeem the offer, Contact Us and our Tech Care team can escalate this issue.

Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid

iOS devices need to download the MLB.TV app on their device through the App Store while redeeming the offer.

Other Issues

Follow these steps to resolve other issues with MLB.TV

1. Uninstall/Reinstall the MLB.TV app.
  2. Make sure you have a connection to the internet via data connection or Wi-Fi

Use the options on our Contact Us page for further help

Comment below with questions, suggestions, and other issues not listed on this article.

35 replies

Is this offer still available and if so, where?

I believe the offer, according to the T-Mobile Tuesdays app details, ended on April 6th. 

I logged into my MLB account today and under Subscriptions it says that I don’t have one. I’m going to use the Contact Us button ahead for help, but wanted to post here in case others were having the same issue.

Ok I didn’t read all the details on the MLB subscription page. So on that page, where it shows that I don’t have an active subscription, it says below that the following: 

Additional Support

Please note MLB.TV subscriptions purchased or redeemed through iOS, Android, Roku or Amazon, including T-Mobile Tuesday redemptions, will not display here.

When I start up a game in the past, it starts up just fine. So it appears to be working, just a little confusing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for jumping in @Vastidious . Sorry @georobwi , you would’ve needed to redeem it by April 6th

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hey @Vastidious , if it’s saying you don’t have an account, the MLB.tv app may not recognize the login info you’ve put in. If you have multiple email addresses, try another one so you may have registered with a different one. Only say this, because I came across an issue where I registered with a different email than I initial thought.

Hey @Vastidious , if it’s saying you don’t have an account, the MLB.tv app may not recognize the login info you’ve put in. If you have multiple email addresses, try another one so you may have registered with a different one. Only say this, because I came across an issue where I registered with a different email than I initial thought.

I only have one account on MLB, but I did double check that. Like I said above, the MLB website does say that the T-Mobile redemptions won’t show on that ‘subscription’ page. I am able to play back previous games. I’ll test this weekend some other games. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Vastidious what happened when you tested those other games? Just curious if they worked. Thanks!

Sorry I forgot to come update it. We’ve had no issues watching games now. Thanks for asking.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Sorry I forgot to come update it. We’ve had no issues watching games now. Thanks for asking.

Very cool! Enjoy the games! :baseball:

Userlevel 2
Badge

MLB.TV is a nice t-Mobile perk and is much appreciated. However, reading the MLB.TV terms and conditions, we cannot “fool” our location to avoid blacked-out games. Violation is a $100 fine and loss of account. Here’s what worries me...depending on the location t-Mobile’s chooses for me (varies from Philly to Pittsburgh to Atlanta), I get a different game blacked out. I technically violate the MLB.TV rules simply by rebooting my Askey gateway and getting a different location.

Any thoughts??

MLB.TV is a nice t-Mobile perk and is much appreciated. However, t-mobile makes it close to impossible to take advantage of this offer. 1 hour waits for customer service? The un-carrier is just another carrier.

I’ve tried to login in the MLB subscription. Can you look into my number and see what may be the issue?

The Redeem part isn’t working for me.  It says Redeem within 5 days, but when I click Redeem it goes to the MLB.com page on safari, then when I click the app icon it goes to the Apple App Store even though MLB is already downloaded an installed, when I click OPEN it open the MLB app, I’m signed in.  But when I go back to Tmobile Tuesdays app it just says redeem again, it takes me through the same loop.

Anyone now how to get around this?

Thank you

I’m having exactly the same issue, thanks for sharing 

The Redeem part isn’t working for me.  It says Redeem within 5 days, but when I click Redeem it goes to the MLB.com page on safari, then when I click the app icon it goes to the Apple App Store even though MLB is already downloaded an installed, when I click OPEN it open the MLB app, I’m signed in.  But when I go back to Tmobile Tuesdays app it just says redeem again, it takes me through the same loop.

Thank you

Make sure when you go back to the Tmobile redeem page, after opening the MLBtv app, to click “Tap here to open the MLB app and redeem your offer” which is step 2 in the instructions. I hope it helps.

Thank you

Make sure when you go back to the Tmobile redeem page, after opening the MLBtv app, to click “Tap here to open the MLB app and redeem your offer” which is step 2 in the instructions. I hope it helps.

Thanks for responding, so yeah that’s what I do.  I click to open the MLB app, it opens:

Then I go back to T-Mobile Tuesdays app but it just shows the same REDEEM screen, the REDEEM NOW never shows up and I’m back in the loop:

Where is the REDEEM NOW supposed to show up?

Ok on the T-Mobile Tuesday app you click “Redeem” 

After that your browser should open and the page looks like this one:

Click the on the “ App Store” if the app is already in your phone open the app and come back to this page. Then click on the Step 2. 

Ok on the T-Mobile Tuesday app you click “Redeem” 

After that your browser should open and the page looks like this one:

Click the on the “ App Store” if the app is already in your phone open the app and come back to this page. Then click on the Step 2. 

HAHA I feel so dumb, I didn’t realize Number 2. “Tap here to the MLB App and redeem your offer” was an actual link.  I am all set now

Thank you so much for helping me realize that!

No problem. I am glad I was able to help. It happened to me until this morning when I realized the “Number 2” is a link. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I was able to redeem my perk with no issues.

Why can’t I use it on other devices. Last year I could use it on my smart tv now its only my phone. Did T-Mobile change this? 

I logged into my MLB account today and under Subscriptions it says that I don’t have one. I’m going to use the Contact Us button ahead for help, but wanted to post here in case others were having the same issue.

I have the same issue, I have used the free service for 5 years now and love it, this is the  first time there has been an issue. I’m sure they will take care of it.

I was able to activate the MLB.tv subscription but the only teams I’m interested in watching are my local/home teams which are apparently blacked out in my “market” for the entire season and post season.  If this had been disclosed up front I wouldn’t have wasted my time activating the service.  For me the value went from $139 to $0.  Who would ever pay money to NOT see your home team?  While it didn’t cost me any $, it set an expectation, wasted my time and effort and has me annoyed with both T-Mobile and MLB.  Guess I should have known it was too good to be true?

Well crap, after reading all of these, I realize I may be SOL...

I hit “Redeem” on the first day possible through T-Mobile Tuesdays, but it looks like I never got to Step 2 (either because it didn’t appear or because I didn’t notice the link). Now, my offer shows as “Redeemed,” but when I sign in to MLB account it shows as a free account (without a subscription). I have been on the phone with both T-Mobile and MLB customer service, and no one is able to help:(

I need baseball, please help!