Solved

Money

I currently have a prepaid plan. I have had Tmobile service for over 4 years. I would like to switch to the 55+ plan, but I have close to $400.00 on my account. Can that money be transferred?

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 1 June 2018, 17:46

Oh goodness, @maccawolf​! Thanks for being a customer for four years -- we're happy to have you! 😊
That's quite a credit balance you've amassed! I'm sorry to be the bearer of this news, but balances on pay in advance accounts don't transfer when you convert to postpaid -- so your best bet in this situation is to use your balance before switching to the 55+ plan.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6

I'm sorry to read that, @maccawolf​! If there were a way to transfer the funds across the two billing platforms I'm sure we'd love to help you out. We can definitely forward the feedback about your frustration with this limitation -- thank you for posting!

That's what I was afraid of. I guess I will use up my credit and go to another cell phone company....

Userlevel 6

Oh goodness, @maccawolf​! Thanks for being a customer for four years -- we're happy to have you! 😊
That's quite a credit balance you've amassed! I'm sorry to be the bearer of this news, but balances on pay in advance accounts don't transfer when you convert to postpaid -- so your best bet in this situation is to use your balance before switching to the 55+ plan.