Question

monthly statement

• 22 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Does the monthly statement show the location (city) of the person that sent the message to you?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

No device  location info is included in your bill for incoming calls and texts.

Badge

I an wondering because in the text message section.  It has a city under every recieved message I have.  I was wondering if that is the city they were currently in while sending that message? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I an wondering because in the text message section.  It has a city under every recieved message I have.  I was wondering if that is the city they were currently in while sending that message? 

Hmmm.  I have never noticed that.  Does the city and area match the area code of the number?  Does the city reported vary under multiple listing for messages coming from the same person? 

Badge

The area code is for the city listed,  but it is for every city surrounding it also.  The city that is listed is not a city where the people have ever lived in either.  Although it is the same city listed under every message for months back.  Im so confused.  Lol

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The area code is just one of the many factors for a phone number though.  Some cities have blocks of numbers reserved for landlines only.  In highly populated areas, blocks of local numbers for that city, although technically outside of the city, can be allocated for specific reasons, like cellular use.  

Looking at my bill, which tells me that 30+ pages of texts over the last billing cycle that I spend way too much time on my phone…  I can say for certain that the destination mentioned is where the number is local to, not the location of the device at the time the message is received.  My mother as one of the many examples, has a number not local to where she lives.  She is an hour away from the city, even living in an area with a different area code, but her number always shows the city where the number is based out of.  My number is also out of state from where I live but it still shows the area my number is based out of, which I haven’t been to in over a year now.