Question

moving to new house

• 15 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

I am moving next month about 30 minutes away and wondering if anyone else has dealt with moving and transferring internet services? I’m freaking out as I just switched to T mobile and don’t wanna get told “no.”

thanks!

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Probably the first thing to do, is to check availability of internet cell service at the new address, using the link below.

https://www.t-mobile.com/isp

Badge

It says available 👍🏼

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

It says available 👍🏼

Then you should be ok in transferring the gateway and service to the new address.

Badge

Really?!

sweet!!! I thought it said you cannot bring it other places but I suppose this is different, I plan to let them know as well. Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Really?!

sweet!!! I thought it said you cannot bring it other places but I suppose this is different, I plan to let them know as well. Thank you!

In the terms, it does say it cannot be relocated, to discourage use as a hotspot in multiple locations.  But in your case, you are permanently relocating the unit and services as a one time event, so it should be allowed if service is available at the new location.

Question, thinking of getting this for my boat.  My boat is moored in a set location, however, on occasion, I’ll bring it to another location for a day or two (overnight camping).  If service is available, can I expect the connectivity to work, or is the moored location geofenced into the platform such that it would prohibit use outside of a certain location?