Solved

My iPhone 6s will not let me change the voicemail greeting to custom.

• 31 March 2016
  • 5 replies

It's as if there are not two options on the screen, it doesn't seem to recognize that I've pressed anything. I changed the password to the voicemail, just to see if it was working in general, so that doesn't seem to be the problem. Does anyone else have any idea about what could fix this? I haven't changed the greeting ever, or at least the last time I remember trying to do so was like 10 years ago when I had a flip phone.

icon

Best answer by e2k 31 March 2016, 01:30

alcopela wrote:

It's as if there are not two options on the screen...

Forget the screen. Just call 123 & go through the menu. You can change your greeting as much as you like.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Nice to meet you @alcopela and thanks for posting.

How far into the voicemail options are you able to get before it stops responding? You should have an option to record a custom greeting after you tap Custom if you haven't set one up.

Userlevel 5

alcopela wrote:

It's as if there are not two options on the screen...

Forget the screen. Just call 123 & go through the menu. You can change your greeting as much as you like.

Hey, so it doesn't let me press custom at all. I can see it, but it doesn't allow me to select anything. There was a checkmark next to default, and I followed the instructions below just to call and change it, and now there is a checkmark next to custom, but I still cannot press either option. I would still like to be able to change it from the screen, because there seems to be some noise on the recording done over the phone line.

This worked to change the greeting, so thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Alright, thanks for trying. At this point it sounds like something is going on with the software. You'll want to back up your phone and reset it. This will help correct anything going wonky with the options not responding properly.

Master reset: Apple iPhone 6s