Solved

Need help to resolve double surge charge (taxes + fees) on account and lines.

• First activity
  • 3 replies

Like Mr. Meekrbrt bills issue, I also have double surge charge on my bills and need lots of help to resolve the issue.  Thanks... Help, please!

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 3 May 2016, 00:07

Hey @tedn I'm just popping in to say you will need someone to look over your account to get this all squared away. As e2k mentioned, this forum is a place to get help from other users as well as staff. In cases where account access is needed, it's best to contact the folks on our T-Force team. They have ability to look at the charges and help get this resolved. My apologies about this.

View original

8 replies

Where all T-Mobile support personnel?  Really!?!?!?!!!  What the heck is this kind of support?

Userlevel 5

This is common, and I'm willing to bet that T-Mobile is assessing the taxes exactly the way the law allows/requires.

Taxes can be imposed at the federal, state, local, special district, and other levels. T-Mobile will never give you a straight answer about tax assessments (believe me, I’ve tried). If you really want to know exactly how all the taxes are being assessed, you will have to do a fair amount of your own research.

tedn wrote:

Where all T-Mobile support personnel?  Really!?!?!?!!!  What the heck is this kind of support?

This is primarily a user to user support forum. There are moderators and community managers which can also help answer questions, however, they do not have access to your account. If you want further assistance regarding your account, you should contact T-Force (see contact info below). But be forewarned, the will not give you a detailed explanation of the taxes.

To contact T-Force

Go to the Contact Us page and use the Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus link under in the “Social Support” section.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @tedn I'm just popping in to say you will need someone to look over your account to get this all squared away. As e2k mentioned, this forum is a place to get help from other users as well as staff. In cases where account access is needed, it's best to contact the folks on our T-Force team. They have ability to look at the charges and help get this resolved. My apologies about this.

Account gets these charges:

T-Mobile fees and charges

Federal Universal Service Fund

State Telecom Excise

MCTD Surcharge

Government taxes and fees

State & Local Sales Tax

Each line on the account gets these charges seperately:

T-Mobile fees and charges

Federal Universal Service Fund

State Telecom Excise

MCTD Surcharge

Regulatory Programs & Telco Recovery Fee

Government taxes and fees

State & Local Sales Tax

Public Safety Communications Surcharge

County 911

Userlevel 5

Thanks, @matesny‌, for the specific information regarding taxes & fees. I've added this to my list answers to FAQ's.

Hi matesny,

First of all, I thank you for your kindness of explanation.

I totally accept the charge appear on the Service accounts.  Of course, this is correct.

However, the line is equipment value in dollars amount divide into number of months (24 or 30 mos) till its pay off.  The equipment sales taxes already paid upfront prior phone activated. My concern is why equipment payment being charge for taxes and other communication services?  it's weird!!  Don't you think?

Do you see my point, yet?

Anyway, I am thanks for you concern.

Thanks Mike,

How do I get contact with someone in T-Force team?  I am very appreciate for you help.

Userlevel 5

You can find their info here! 😀 Community-2153

-Lauren