Need suggestions: blocked access to my account

• 4 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi All:

I just learned that I don’t have access to my t-mobile account anymore, since the only service I have is SyncUp drive only, and no phone lines.  I lost access to bills, contracts and data usage and the only way to check info on my account is to call t-mobile and wait some time when the support call back and then they would read the info over the phone.  This is what I was officially told by t-mobile support after they spent 2 hours of checking this with other departments.

It’s really hard to believe that this is an official policy, especially that e-delivery implies that I must have online access to documents and bills.   I told this to support, but t-mobile support was unmoved: I have to order a phone line in order to have access to the account, otherwise they would send my bills by snail mail.   

I think of cancelling the account, is it possible to do it by phone? Or should I write a letter?

Any suggestions will be appreciated…

--Theodore

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@fedya Yeah, their system to set up “T-Mobile ID” for any plan that doesn’t include phones has issues.  So many of us have had them on the phone for hours and gotten nowhere.  It’s mind boggling how many hours they are paying for people to take our calls and not solve the problem.

However, they should be able to set up autopay, and an email letting you know that $X.XX will be charged to your card **** (or drafted from your account) on X date.  That’s what I have.  

I have found phone support to be knowledgeable about my account.  If you decide to cancel, they should be able to do that.

I'm prepaid and I was told basically same thing. Prepaid isn't qualified to get in to our account either. WTH?

SMH...

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'm prepaid and I was told basically same thing. Prepaid isn't qualified to get in to our account either. WTH?

SMH...

Prepaid plans don't have detailed billing per the prepaid terms and conditions that no one bothers to read when they sign up either prepaid or post paid. Different terms.

So wht we supposed to do?

And do not call 411 for a number look up, they charge 1.50 for that also...they did me. I learned the hard way..ridiculous!!!! I live on a very fixed income...js