Question

New account - how to resolve a billing dispute after T-Mobile pulled a bait-and-switch move?

• 23 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

I just switched to T-Mobile after 16+ years with another carrier.

When chatting with the rep, I was offered 2 x free phones.

After switching to T-Mobile, I found they are billing me for both phones.

When challenging their reps in chat, I was told the offer was an "error" and they are refusing to honor it.  Classic bait-and-switch.

After many hours with various reps and supervisors, I'm no further ahead.  Supervisor Jared 177437658 "promised" to hand the dispute to the "offline team" and follow up directly with me the next day.  NO follow-up call came, and a reply to his text message stated "this service is temporarily unavailable".  It's been 5 days with no follow-up call.

I feel like I've been scammed good and proper, and I won't be keeping T-Mobile service for long under these circumstances.

Anyone else have a similar experience or advice for me?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Sometimes these promos take a couple of months to kick in.  You should still be able to see the promo though in your online account.  If you can’t or feel like you need to try other avenues to remove your issue.  Try contacting the T-Force Team through either Facebook or Twitter.  I would say Twitter is the better option, at least from my own personal experiences.  

There is a grace period where you can return your devices and get out of your agreement.  It varies depending on a few factors but 2 weeks is about normal.  You can return y our devices and cancel everything, if you wish.  There might be a restocking fee for each device though, which is $50 at a minimum per device, depending on the full retail cost of the devices.  

Badge

Thanks for replying. 

I understand the possible delay. However several reps have stated the account they pushed me into is not eligible to receive the offer, despite recognizing it as their own "error".   I accepted their offer in good faith, only for them to argue for many hours and try to switch me to a more expensive plan to get their "free" phones.  

I'm already about 4 weeks into my service and I have no intention of paying them to return their fraudulently-sold devices.

I've been stuck in a FB messenger session for over 3 hours and received only a handful of canned responses from them.

T-Mobile isn't doing much to endear a new customer..... I guess I have to try to contact T-Force

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Unfortunately if you’re on FB messenger you’re already dealing with T-Force. 

I just switched to T-Mobile after 16+ years with another carrier.

When chatting with the rep, I was offered 2 x free phones.

After switching to T-Mobile, I found they are billing me for both phones.

When challenging their reps in chat, I was told the offer was an "error" and they are refusing to honor it.  Classic bait-and-switch.

After many hours with various reps and supervisors, I'm no further ahead. 

Anyone else has a similar experience or advice for me?

I’m a senior citizen who was pitched a discount for us older folks that were supposed to come as a close matchup to my current 3 lines of Verizon services. The phone representative offered a promotion: 55Plus/Magenta Plus 2 (paid) lines and one free for $85.00 per month Taxes and Fees Included. Additionally, I was to receive Free sim cards to be sent via 2-day delivery and no activation fee because we were bringing our owned iPhones. Based on the representation, I said yes and agreed to buy. Personal information was collected and Tmobile ran a hard hit to my Credit. 

Rep continued processing order but hit a snag. Suddenly that offer was no longer available but she was quick to offer a much better deal… for more money. In my opinion, these guys are crooks as multiple other reps have stuck their fingers into this case, each offering to find me the better solution, that turns out to cost more.

Excuses and broken promises. I recommend recording all conversations and uploading the audio to youtube and other social media.