Solved

New Customers get 4 new phones and lines for 160... what do existing get?

• 7 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge

So new customers can get (4) new samsung phones INCLUDED for $160/month...

Meanwhile, I have been with TMobile almost 10 years... the best I can get is a $250 credit towards a phone? So my bill will go up almost 30/month per line to get 4 new phones...

Sounds like it's time to switch carriers, unless there's something I don't know about....

What if a friend wants to open a new account, can they port/break their current number off of my account (tmobile->tmobile)?

icon

Best answer by tidbits 8 March 2019, 04:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

tommybluez82 wrote:

So new customers can get (4) new samsung phones INCLUDED for $160/month...

Meanwhile, I have been with TMobile almost 10 years... the best I can get is a $250 credit towards a phone? So my bill will go up almost 30/month per line to get 4 new phones...

Sounds like it's time to switch carriers, unless there's something I don't know about....

What if a friend wants to open a new account, can they port/break their current number off of my account (tmobile->tmobile)?

Read the terms a bit  it says OR Qual'g trade-ins.  If you have a trade(4 of them) in you can get the deal.  You are also stuck to T-Mobile for 3 years if you pay off the devices early or cancel service you owe the difference minus what is already paid. 

With AutoPay & 4 new lines or qual'g trade-ins. Via 36 monthly bill credits; for well-qualified buyers. $30 for Essentials + $10 for the Galaxy S10e. During congestion, Essentials customers may notice speeds lower than other customers and further reduction if using >50GB/mo. Video streams at 480p. Max 3G tethering. Plus taxes & fees. See full terms

T-Mobile to T-Mobile will not be a "new" account because the numbers are associated with T-Mobile already.

Looks like you will be switching carriers every time a new deal comes out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Personally I wouldn't want this offer simply because the plan I have I am grandfathered and I would save more the phones outright or over 3 years than switching to the more expensive plan with discount on devices.  These are things to think about also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Switching every few years between carriers is the only way you guarantee yourself the best deals on a new device.  For some, that is a small hassle to put up with to get a new device.  Others, like myself, can't be bothered.  I am happy with the plan and the service.  Considering Inhave been through 4 different devices within the last year, buying them at full proce through BestBuy or online gets me an unlocked device and the freedom to upgrade at anytime.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Switching every few years between carriers is the only way you guarantee yourself the best deals on a new device.  For some, that is a small hassle to put up with to get a new device.  Others, like myself, can't be bothered.  I am happy with the plan and the service.  Considering Inhave been through 4 different devices within the last year, buying them at full proce through BestBuy or online gets me an unlocked device and the freedom to upgrade at anytime.

It depends on your TMO plan. I have a plan from 8+ years ago and there must be something on it that gives me the same trade in promotions as new subscribers because I’ve gotten those deals without adding a single line or changing plans. It doesn’t work for BOGO promotions because that would require me to add a new line which I can’t unless I change all my other lines to the latest plan(s).

The last promotion I got back in 11/21 was trading in iPhone X for $800 credit towards an iPhone 13. I upgraded all my phones since it basically just cost me tax. No problems at all with credits applying and did this all online. This was the same deal they offered new subscribers to switch to TMO. I even called TMO and asked if this was a mistake and after they looked up my old plan they told me I qualified and didn’t have to add any more lines or change my plan.

And just recently when I added TMO home internet, I was given the discounted rate of $30 per month because my old plan qualified, even though the promotion said it must be Magenta Max or One Plus plans. I did have to call to ask on this one though.

To get all of the above, I never had to say I was going to switch to a different carrier.