Question

New phone, ported nember, invalid voicemail box

• 28 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have seen this problem quite frequently in these forums (some going back 3 years), none that I have seen have been reported as solved.  I spoke with customer care @ 611 last week. We thought we had it solved as I was able to get in and set up a passcode, but unfortunately, it’s not.  If someone calls me it says “this person has no subscription on this service”.  If I call to check for messages, it acts like I am calling from a phone other than my own.  I prefer not to spend hours on the phone trying to fix an issue on your end.  I thought maybe someone here might have a solution before going that route. BTW, we set up 2 phones on this plan, the other one is just fine. TIA

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Sometimes you can reset the voicemail password and get that to kickstart the voicemail box. Try dialing #PWD# (#793#) from your phone and calling it. If the issue continues, you can try messaging our T-Force team through the @Tmobilehelp on Twitter. They can reset it from the back end.

Badge

Resetting the password did not work, however I did get it worked out via help on Twitter.  I was very fortunate to get a team member that took the time to understand the problem & continued working until it was solved. No one that I saw had mentioned they had gotten it fixed, so I am.

Resetting the password did not work, however I did get it worked out via help on Twitter.  I was very fortunate to get a team member that took the time to understand the problem & continued working until it was solved. No one that I saw had mentioned they had gotten it fixed, so I am.

Can you share how you resolved this issue please ??

Badge

It’s  been a while, but from what I recall there is nothing that can be done on the user’s end.  Seems the problem started when the person at the store set up our phones.  They added my phone number as an additional number on my husband’s line, not an additional line.  That created the issue with the voicemail.  Thankfully, the representative I found on Twitter was very knowledgeable & helpful & took care of it.

Oh, thank you.  I'll have to call t mobile