new phone promised to us!

• 14 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I was offered a new phone and told that my sister who is my family plan partner was offered one too.  I went to the store showed my first generation iPhone SE and was given a new SE 3rd gen.  My sister went to a store that had the same 64GB device and was sent from one store to another.  In the end she was not qualified for unknown reason for a new phone.  the offline resolution team needs to fix this so she can have a phone as she and I were  promised.  We are using the Senior unlimited plane are are over 20 years over the qualifying age for the senior plan.  

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

was it mentioned why you were getting a free phone? due to the phone not being compatible in the near future with the TMO network? was it an online promo?

Badge

I never actually saw the offer Fireguy_6364.  I was told that The FREE phone was available and had to be an android OR IphoneSE.  (3rd gen). I was to present my old phone to any T_Mobile store that stocked that exact model w/ 64_GIG..  no substitutions for the iPhone.  It took about 90 minutes for the store to fulfill the offer that was only visible to T-Mobile people.  I learned of the offer when conversing with T-mobile support and my concern for my old phone.  the idea of obsolescence is logical but not likely the case.  My sister could not get her upgrade!! she is in my family play.  T-mobile support people have no way to converse with the authors of these difficult to read offers!  I’m on this chat so perhaps someone with T-Mobile can relay this story to the “right party or group”

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so im going out on a limb and guessing that its the deal where you get a free replacement device of TMOs choosing to replace your older phones that do not have 5G nor have VoLTE(Voice over LTE) since TMO will be shutting down their 3G here before to long? voice and regular texts are sent using the 3G side..VoLTE eliminates the need for 3G. so any device still around once they shut it down will no longer have calling/regular texting abilities.

only guessing on that one..

https://www.t-mobile.com/customers/umts-retirement