Question

No Incentive for existing customer

• 2 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

T-Mobile definitely going away from customer satisfaction motto and customers are not the priority anymore. All the new plans are for new customers and don't even talk about the Phone deals. I have a plan that is grandfathered and like to upgrade to Magenta. T-mobile refuses to upgrade me with the promotion rate. It is ONLY for new customers. It is upsetting and hates to change carriers. But if this is ONLY way to save and get the best deal, then stay two years and switch. Time to shop around like we used to, when the 2 years contract was the way.  there is now a reward for loyalty. I think we are going backward…. LOL, with all that effort to change the industry, making a new trap for customers. SHOP around every 2 yrs  switch carriers, NEW WAY 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Check out Best Buy , I got my phone for $150 cheaper than Tmobile.

I’ve had it as well.  I went to a store today and literally got shit on for trying to get a new phone and questioning why I was paying for the protection plan if it wouldn’t do anything.  I called 611 and begged for them to give me a reason to stay but they couldn’t, when I asked for someone in the states they didn’t understand what I was saying. With Verizon I can get a new iphone, an iPad and likely better service for $30 less than I am paying now. I’ve been with T-Mobile 10 plus years and sent countless new customers to them. T-Mobile is most  certainly not what they used to be. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and then once your payments are done with Verizon on that new phone you’ll no longer be considered a “new customer” and you’ll be right back to square one.

Fortunately that’s 36 months from now. I used to be the biggest T-Mobile supporter, but I simply can’t any longer. 

Are t-mobile representatives reviewing these threads? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There are deals for current customers at certain points of the year.  Whether or not those deals meet with what you are looking for is a different story.  Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals are usually pretty good for everyone, new and current customers with holiday deals to follow.  

Personally, loyalty is earned, not given.  If you think another carrier can offer you a better deal.  Switch!  Before switching though, always reach out to the highest level you can with a fair offer to get you to stay.  Customer Care might not be able to give you a special deal but the T-Force Team via Facebook and Twitter usually have a few more options available depending on a few things.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Are t-mobile representatives reviewing these threads? 

site admin/moderators only.

Well sadly this will be my first and last message of T-Mobile. I have been a customer either through my corporation or personally of T-Mobile all the way back to when it was originally voicestream.  And I have been trying to find a deal to replace my aging OnePlus pro 7 phone which is now approaching 4 years of age. I have been looking for any type of special for the last 6 months and there have been none and I have called them and they are unwilling to provide anything and so I'm not going to be a fool about it and so I signed up with Xfinity mobile. Xfinity mobile uses the Verizon network but provides much better customer care than Verizon and the price per month for two lines is just $60 and I got a Samsung fold flip phone for just 10 bucks a month and the second person on my plane got a free mid-range smartphone.. I really tried to stay but it's hard to say in any type of relationship with the other side does not love you back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Today’s mid-range devices are not worth replacing a OnePlus 7 Pro with in my opinion.  The 7 Pro is still an excellent device that holds up well to today’s use.  My girlfriend still prefers the 7 Pro over the newer and spare 5G capable devices we have laying around not being used.  

Have you tried reaching out to the T-Force Team via Facebook or Twitter to see if there is some sort of loyalty offer that you might qualify for?  The best deals from any carrier will start popping up around Thanksgiving and continue through the holidays.