Solved

No Love For Loyal Customers of 20+ Years?

• 16 February 2022
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve been with T-Mobile since the company was VoiceStream. Granted, I did have a slight 1 year gap, I’ve loyal ever since. The reward for that? Nothing. 

Why does T-Mobile not give a crap about long time, loyal customers? Why do only new customers get iPhone deals? Why do I have to add a new line to get a deal? I don’t need/want to change my number or add an additional line that I’m not going to use just to get a “deal” on a phone. It actually ends up NOT being a deal at all if you factor in the cost of the unnecessary line.

A few weeks ago, I was duped into adding two lines, then told I could cancel the lines after 90 lines with no penalties. I was incorrectly told that I’d get the phones for super cheap with trade-in, only to find out that I was given incorrect info.

So, I’m back to square one: no deals for people like me who have been around forever. What’s the point of being loyal when I can just move over to ATT for basically the same as what I’m paying now?

Does management actually care? Seems like they could give a s4!t and would rather lose a loyal customer than give them the same deal as new customers. 
I’m super frustrated ...

icon

Best answer by dee1 17 February 2022, 03:58

View original

22 replies

Whats funny to me is that this is happening to me now. Im about to cancel my account this monday after 19 years of being with tmobile with 7 lines.started with voicestream!! And i was just about to make a business backup cellular network with tmobile for the agency i work for. Will not be doing that now. Tmobile doesnt give 2 shits about loyal customers who been with them forever. All they care about is new customers.  They keep lying and lying and they could care less. But they will feel it when they lose enough of us. I already have an appointment with ATT this monday and i got my account number and transfer pin from tmobile.as much as Att sucks too they at least appreciate me as a loyal customer and god willing i will go be with them for another 19 years. You better step it up Tmobile

I recently inquired about my time with T-mobile and to my surprise it has been 24 years. I too was with a service that was acquired by T-mobile..  I read just this single stream of peoples” irritations about their time with T-mobile and thought maybe it is time to consider another carrier. BUT - there aren’t many other services offering such good plans.  It is a cell phone and that tech is on the manufacturer to do what you want it to do. It is what your pocketbook can afford in that respect.  What I really care about is the quality of the data and its availability when I want to use it.  I have been all over the world and to more than 40 states over the years. I have used T-mobile consistently with minimal disruption or signal issues. I think I pay a fair price compared to other carriers. I don’t shop them any more because its the service I am most interested in and they are reliable. The other comments in the posts are device related and to that i say I agree. I have never gotten a free device I always buy out right to avoid certain things I think are loaded on the phones base line. I also hear the customer service complaint issues in this thread and I think that is something that would be very hard to beat at any company this day and age. I am not sure what everyone else does but, I don’t require a lot of changes to my plan and in the rare event I need to contact customer support I go in person to a store.

Finally, my recommendation to T-mobile is to develop a tier system that does recognize loyal customers. It would require some work to really examine the customer base and the year brackets to accomplish such a tier system. There has to be a way even if it is a one time offer to say thank you for you loayalty. 

Remember, ”you can please some of the people some of the time... but, not all of the people all of the time.”

t-mobile does not care any more. I have been with this company for 17 years. I have a phone that does not work properly and asked them to give an upgrade phone that does the daily calls and apps ….they giving me hard time, after many days and hours on the phone, their manager who is extremely unaware of promotions or options, say you have to pay over $600 for a phone, or wait until chrismas , may be there is a promo at that time, or just go with another company!!!

Is that what T mobile does about 17 years loyalty?. we asked them...even tried to reach the CEO….the answer was : we do not care!!!

conclution: perhaps tell everyone about this experience and pack our bags to leave and go with another company who is more decent than T mobile.

This has been really helpful. And have had similar experience. I have a really good deal at Verizon, but because I’ve been with T-Mobile for 18 years, it feels a shame to leave. I’m gonna look into AT&T and see what they offer. I know Verizon will beat out on the deal, but AT&T might be more reliable. I’m pretty disheartened by them not caring for their long time customers. I guess it isn’t what it use to be.

15 + years with T-Mobile never got any deal or free phone autopay bill on time now its time to move to different carrier, company don’t care anymore for existing customer now this loyalty will be shopping for new carrier on thanksgiving deals.

BYE

Anyone find a carrier besides T-Mobile with a decent deal. I agree with all the comments here and will try Best Buy to switch. They messed up a promotion for me, for the airpods and iPhone 14plus. Anyway they couldn’t even do a simple promotion or fix correctly and had the nerve to ask if I had a friend  to buy the airpods from me. That was my deciding factor to leave T-Mobile after receiving my tax refund so I can buy my phone outright. I’ll look google phone as some suggested. 50% sounds pretty darn good.. There is no customer loyalty. Although AT&T is more expensive, they have a customer loyalty support line and want to help. They helped my neighbor. T-mobile is so scripted they can’t even process a promotion correctly or take care of the problem. It’s turning into another Sprint who never cared about the customers. 

Seeing these comments here made me realized they are aligned and consistent on being “that”.

I’ve been a customer for years as well. And this is exactly what I feel about them! The customer service assigned in Katy Texas are the worst! Their good words are scripted and they definitely do not even exert an effort to sound they mean them. Their bad attitude are the genuine ones.  When you call them, you are like disturbing them and that your call isn’t welcome.

What is with Tmobile expecting customers to be continually adding “new lines of service”  ?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try upgrading at Best Buy, they will even set you up on the Tmobile EIP.

First, I want to say that I chatted with 3 different t-mobile agents all conversations were civilized and professional on between us.

I wanted the Pixel 7 Pro 512 gb option. T-mobile is the only provider that has the 128 gb option - nothing more. Verizon has the 128\256\512...ATT has the 128\256 option. So if I go with the 512, I will buy the unlocked from Google.

To be thorough, I asked if there was any type of loyalty plan for a customer of 20 years. The answer I got from 2 different reps was 1) you have one of the best plans available. 2) We have a 2-1 plan if you want to buy a new line.

I specifically asked if there was a loyalty plan and was told from the reps (eventually) no. I did not demand a loyalty freebie\discount - just asked what would happen if went somewhere else and they said good luck (very nicely of course).

Fortunately my line has been free from any obligation other than the monthly bill - phone is paid off. I will check out other providers and determine if T-mobile is the least expensive with the best prices and options. It’s too bad because if they would have even so much as sent a thank you letter and a couple bucks off one monthly bill, I wouldn’t bother looking around. As a matter of fact, I may pay more for another provider if they have extra perks that t-mobile doesn’t have. I’m not looking for a free phone or a monthly discount - just something to show they actually care about a 20 year customer. The reality is that t-mobile is a business, and not my good buddy, so I get that lack of emotion is not personal. So I would suggest that if you can get a better deal with out lowering quality of service, don’t be loyal to a company that doesn’t care about retention. T-mobile has mislead or lied about more things to me than quality of support but I still have stayed a loyal customer. Being a customer may change soon - not as a threat, but from purely a business decision.

Userlevel 1

t-mobile does not care any more. I have been with this company for 17 years. I have a phone that does not work properly and asked them to give an upgrade phone that does the daily calls and apps ….they giving me hard time, after many days and hours on the phone, their manager who is extremely unaware of promotions or options, say you have to pay over $600 for a phone, or wait until chrismas , may be there is a promo at that time, or just go with another company!!!

Is that what T mobile does about 17 years loyalty?. we asked them...even tried to reach the CEO….the answer was : we do not care!!!

conclution: perhaps tell everyone about this experience and pack our bags to leave and go with another company who is more decent than T mobile.

They outsourced and do not monitor the calls / responses. Really don’t care anymore 

Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you might opt to jump over to their forums and in their search bar type in “long term” or “loyal” and see what all pops up..the grass might seem greener on the other side but you would be better off researching it first before making said hop over said fence.

Thanks goodness I am not the only one, been with Tmobile since Feb or March of 2005 and let just say am seriously looking into Verizon now. I am over them and how loyal customers are treated.

I agree the t-mobile customer service is not what it used to be.  If you had an error or mistake on your account you used to be able talk to a supervisor and get credit over the phone.   They honestly do NOT care at all about their customers!!!!   I have been with them for over 15 years now and they used to value loyalty.  NOT ANY MORE …..THEY HONESTLY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!

My husband accidentally hit the contact number for 411 (because t-mobile had it in the contacts when my husband bought the phone).  My husband “did not mean to use it and NEVER EVEN TALKED TO ANYONE”. I called to get credit for this mistake and they were so rude and said there were minutes (a minute each call!!) so they were charging for it!  What!!??  First of all, my husband is 75 and he never asked to have ANY of their stupid directory assistance numbers or ANY of their numbers put in his phone.  THEY DO IT INTENTIONALLY HOPING YOU WILL USE IT SO THEY CAN CHARGE YOU FOR IT!!  THEY CHARGE 3.19 FOR EACH DIRECTORY ASSISTANCE CALL ...REALLY!  This is ridiculous first of all because no one would ever even use their assistance for a phone number because everyone can google whatever phone number they want.  It’s a scam and another way they can get more money from you.  Well, I have since deleted that number from all our phones and we WILL BE LOOKING TO SWITCH SERVICES SOON!

Userlevel 1

When my spouse passed they jumped mine to $70.00 AFTER AutoPay. :tired_face:  Same numbers but they changed my account so they couls charge more for the same service I have had for years.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I switched to the 55+ One plan when it first came out. $70 a month with $10 credit for autopay.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I pay $60 a month for 2 lines of unlimited talk, text and data so it doesn't bother me to buy my phones outright.

If my rate was that low, I wouldn’t mind either. The closest I can get to that is to switch to Spectrum, which is definitely on the table. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

The funny thing is that shortly after I made this post, someone called me and asked how my experience was with TMobile. … I don’t think the poor guy I was talking to was ready for my answer or really knew how to process what I told him. 

But even after all I expressed to him, I’m pretty sure it was all for naught. They’re not going to do anything. 

I’m definitely going to consider switching once the 14 comes out. There’s practically no reason to stick around anymore. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I pay $60 a month for 2 lines of unlimited talk, text and data so it doesn't bother me to buy my phones outright.

I was a Tmobile customer long before when they were prepaid and called PrimeCo. I took my number with me no matter the phone company because that number was my number...What most of the world is not understanding is that Tmobile has monopolized the cell phone industry. I agree with gramps28. usually i buy my phones outright unlocked. 

And honestly Tmobile really doesnt care

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I've been a Tmobile customer for 15 plus years and for the past 5 years I've been buying my phones outright instead of doing the promos being offered. Two years ago I bought my Pixel 4XL for 50% off without having to add a line or change plans 4 months after the phone was released.

Luckily I'm not a fan of Apple or Samsung.