Question

No service for two weeks due to IMEI locked

Badge

I have no service for almost two weeks already.  The IMEI got locked on its own. Im calling and texting and visiting local store daily . All agents and departments give me different answers, promising to resolve the issue within a couple of hours, blah-blah-blah... 

Two weeks! 

Twice they told me that they were sending me a new phone. When I reached out the following days to get the tracking numbers, I found out the order has never been submitted. 

Im so tired of the whole thing. I’ve exhausted all the options. Who can I reach out to resolve it finally? Where can I complain ?

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Couple questions. Is this a Tmobile branded phone , what type of phone and did you buy this phone from Tmobile?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

What do you mean by IMEI locked?  Do you mean, blocked?  If you purchased your device directly from T-Mobile, the IMEI should not be blocked.  If it is a third party purchase, like from Ebay.  The device might have been reported stolen. 

Badge

This is a T-mobile phone, S8. I bought in in T-Mobile two years ago. It is already paid off and unlocked. The account is in good standing . No missing payments .

IMEI should not be blocked but it is blocked.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

If the account is in good standing and the phone is blocked then someone reported the phone as lost or stolen.

Try reaching out to support using messenger on one of Tmobile’s social media platforms.

Badge

Im calling , texting and coming to the local T-mobile  store daily since 6/22, almost two weeks now.   No help. Yesterday, 7/3, they promised me again to call on 7/7 with the update(four days!) 

I would switch to Verizon, but i don’t want to buy a new phone  and I cannot use this one with a locked IMEI card. 

However, t-mobile keeps charging me for the service i don’t receive

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Try entering your imei# using this link and see what it says about the phone.

https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone

or this one.

https://swappa.com/faq/answer/check-esn

Badge

it says: “This phone is blocked. Contact for the phone’s status”

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

So someone has reported it stolen or lost.

Reach out to tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms and see who reported it.

it could be an error in the imei number being entered wrong. Support will let you know why its blocked and if they can fix it.

Badge

Thank you for your comments, but as I said before im talking to support daily. They cannot unblock it. There was a report on 6/13 for a stolen device according to the support  team comments. I have never reported that my phone had been  stolen and it was working until 6/22. 

Anyhow, no one in T-mobile is unable to unblocked the phone they blocked themselves for two weeks already

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Have you tried the Tmobile support team on Facebook or Twitter?

They’re a higher tier of support and are better a fixing problems like this.