Question

No visual voicemail notifications

• 12 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

95 percent of the time I get no notification of new voice mails. They don’t even arrive in my inbox for several hours and up to 24 hours later. I’m using the native visual voicemail that comes with iPhone.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey Tattoovampire! I am extremely curious why the visual voicemail would work a few times and then just decide to cause you headache and make things delayed.. Intermittent issues like that can be a bit tough to resolve because it is hard to pinpoint the exact cause. There are a few things that you can check out on your device to make sure that everything is working smoothly there. General maintenance is good whenever you have any issues so make sure your device still has at least 15% memory available and all the software and apps are up to date. That ensures everything is optimized and has enough wiggle room to function. You can also update the voicemail password for good measure. Because the iPhone uses a built in experience, resetting passwords can be just the refresh it needs to work. On a slightly obvious note, make sure airplane mode and do not disturb are not on. Sometimes we set things like that and then don’t think about it when something is starting to go wrong. Resetting network settings is a great troubleshooting step for iPhones and easy to do. Keep in mind that it does delete wifi passwords so you will need to reconnect to those networks. 

That can seem like a lot to do and a bit daunting if you are doing it alone, but iPhones make it pretty easy so I have no doubt you would be able to do it. If you need help or these steps don’t resolve it, I would recommend reaching out by phone, the T-Mobile app, or through Facebook or Twitter, so someone can walk through it with you or file a ticket. 

Hope this helps!