Not able to backup sent text messages

Have a T-mobile LG V30. Have been using multi-line and Digits. Am getting ready to leave my current employ and have been trying to backup my personal text messages. Can't find a method that will backup my sent messages.

I should have been all over this back when the phone would switch lines while trying to use a Digits line to text, the phone would switch to using my simm number in the middle of a text conversation.

Any help? I'm not expecting a solution, but I thought I would try. T-mobile store manager doesn't have a solution. Nor does T-mobile 611.

13 replies

Thanks but LG doesn’t have a program like Samsung. I’ve also purchased two apps at playstore neither of which are working.

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here's another thread about backing up RCS messages but the solution was buying an

app at the play store.

You can also check to see if LG has a program like Samsung to back up your phone that may save your messages.

Advanced messaging backup

Thanks but it doesn't backup RCS messages.

Steve

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Ok, I have NO knowledge about DIGITS; however, has anyone tried "Backup and Restore"? You can use it to backup your contacts, sms & call logs as well as apps.

I’ve been doing quite a bit of research on this matter and it’s now become apparent to me that there is no way to backup RCS or (Advanced Communication) text messages on my T-Mobile branded LG V30. It appears that the only way to back up these messages is by having a Samsung device.

Very frustrating!

Userlevel 3

Unfortunately due to the nature of how DIGITS functions, I'm not sure there's going to be a way, and certainly not a formal path. 😥

-Lauren

This is a situation where the various backup programs don't recognise the sent messages as they have been intermingled with DIGITS and are now in a format that they can't read.

But thanks for the input.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It does save sent messages.  I just loaded a back-up from another phone.  All sent and received messages were restored.  What text app are you using?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried SMS Backup+?

I use to use it and it backed everything up to your gmail account but you have to check off you want sent

text backed up.

I've tried it and it doesn't save sent messages as I said originally. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

SMS Back-Up and Restore from the Play Store will work on just about any Android phone.  You can set it to back-up locally, to GMail, and other places.  Restoring is just as easy.  It also does automatic back-ups and the free version still allows you to disable ads. 

What if I don't have a Samsung phone?

Steve Taylor

(970) 390-7692

If you have a Samsung phone you can use their Smart Switch to do it.  I used it to move from an older LG G9 optimus to a galaxy s8 active.  You just have to download their smart switch app to the v30 and then run it on both phones.