Solved

not happy with new tmobile app update

the new update does not show me the specifics in the usage for calls, texts, or data like the old version did. it use to provide the time and numbers for incoming and outgoing calls/texts, but it appears to have been removed or i cant find it? i can only check it with a desktop which is a hassle, please let me know if there is still a way to see the details in the app, if not fix this asap!!

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 1 June 2018, 21:28

Hey All!

I can see that there is a real need to have this feature back. I just received the update to my My T-Mobile App and can verify that I can't see the call log detail either. From speaking to a colleague that works closely with the app he let me know that this whole new app re-design will continue to evolve. The feedback has definitely been passed along.

View original

25 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey, @nalahluong​!

Thanks for your feedback regarding the new update to the T-Mobile app. What type of device are you using? You should be able to follow the steps below to view your usage:

1. From the home screen, tap Interested in your usage? Or, tap Account > Plan and usage details > Plan usage
  2. View your usage:
    • Data
    • Data Usage by app (Android only, for on network usage)
    • Mobile Hotspot

Please let me know if that takes you to the right place!

yes i know but i was meaning that it only gives me the number amount of messages and calls, it does not provide me with the details like it used to, it use to give me the actual caller id numbers from incoming and outgoing calls/texts, right?

Same thing. I’m not able to see the details which is an importand feature/function. Please revert back or provide work around

Userlevel 5

@nalahluong and @rwilli32​, the call details are still there but I need to know what type of phone each of you are using. I'm running iOS and am able to see call /text details such as the phone number called or texted, time, date, and duration.

I’m using iPhone 7+ iOS 11.3.1 T-Mobile App 4.0.0 Build 3. Hopefully you can see the image, but I cannot see any details, just “numbers”

i am using the iphone 6s +, same version as @rwilli32 - my screen looks exactly like his, no details, just the numbers

I was having the ae problem. You have to go to your bill tab

select see all usage change the date at the top and the you can see the details.

I have the same problem and I bought my phone direct from t mobile.  I can log into the app but shows no details and when i click account details It keeps sending me to web page.

We should not have to take those extra steps when it wasn't required previously.  I appreciate you giving some workaround, but T-Mobile needs to fix the issue and/or revert back to the old version.

I can not locate a "see all usage" option under the bill tab

Userlevel 5

Hey All!

I can see that there is a real need to have this feature back. I just received the update to my My T-Mobile App and can verify that I can't see the call log detail either. From speaking to a colleague that works closely with the app he let me know that this whole new app re-design will continue to evolve. The feedback has definitely been passed along.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

So, there are members here that can get access to the app, but I can't. For several days now all I get is "Cannot connect". I had access to the app a week ago. The site seems to working a lot better. Is there anybody else getting the "Cannot connect" message too? I'm only 7 miles away from a corporate store so I could call or drivr there. My thinking now is why do that when I can do it from my phone or laptop? One other item is in the app I could get a date when my money to my account will expire, but why won't the site give me the same info?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

It appears the app is up and running (at least on my phone). In the section "Balance & Usage Information" it shows "Use by:" That is what I am calling expiration date. So far so good!

Userlevel 5

Hey, @dc5fan​!

Ah, it's a bummer the app isn't working for ya! I see you posted on T-Mobile USA App for Android 6.7.1.5 not working that it was working and then yesterday morning it wouldn't connect. How's it working out for you today?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Just checked using WiFi, and still "Cannot Connect". Thanks for checking.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

It is 5:31 PM CDT and I have access to the app.

Userlevel 5

Sorry that I'm just now getting back to you, @dc5fan​! It has been a busy day around here. 😉 Let's cross our fingers and hope that the app continues to keep you updated!!! If anything changes, please let me know. I'm honestly not sure why this is happening but we'll keep looking into it as the problem persists.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Don't need to apologise. I just wanted to let you guys know sometimes it works, and sometimes it don't. May I make a suggestion? If this thing doesn't straighten and fly right let's take it to the backyard of the corporate headquarters in Washington state, dig a fairly deep hole with dynamite around it, and blow it up to start all over again (LOL)! I have a feeling JL wouldn't be too happy!

Userlevel 5

Haha! Funny thing - our entire team will be up there next week! I appreciate you keeping us in the loop. I wish we could just narrow down what's going on.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

One time I can connect, one time I "Cannot connect".

Userlevel 5

How'd your app work over the weekend, @dc5fan​? Hopefully the app decided if it was going to connect or not.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Never could connect. A few seconds ago I got to Welcome>check account, and after several seconds "Cannot connect". Was there a chance that it may have been repaired? Can you access the app? I was asking if some members could access the app, but it seemed no takers to answer the question.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Chris sent me a message with some directions. Without repeating anything that he had me do it may have fixed my problem. He instructed me to get off the WiFi and use the phone, like a call, and do it that way. It appears that I was doing this wrong. I di get the app version 6.8.0.16 in the process. At first I thought I was going to use minutes, but I won't. If I only had a brain! Thanks!

Just wondering if they've come any closer to re-updating the app with the missing feature or on how long the process may take? Thanks!

Userlevel 5

Thanks for checking back in, @nalahluong​. I wish I had some good news for you but I don't have any info on when an upgrade with additional features will be available.