Not receiving code activation text message (Twitter, QuickBooks...)

• 6 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello,

For some time I was not able to secure my Twitter account and other online services with a two factor authentication security. This means I wanted to have :

1) user & password

2) code sent to my phone by text message

Today I invested again some time and reached out to the Business Team via chat. Angie was awesome and after checking several system settings on T-Mobile end, she found out that all short numbers were blocked on my account. Twitter typically sends from "40 404".

Once this blocking was deactivated, 30 seconds after I tried again and could successfully activate my T-Mobile number for Twitter :-)

So I wanted to make sure to share this great news as I have been searching a while.

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Thank you so much for sharing this, @magenta5438803​! I'm glad to read that Angie was able to get this squared away for you so that 2FA was an option, and while it's a bummer that the codes were disabled without your knowledge it's great that the fix was quick! 😊

My phone number doesn't get verification text messages from various apps. I always struggle to verify my phone because for some reason the messages never go through. I'm not sure if there is something on my account that blocks those messages. Would like some help. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Log on to your account and check under Profile > Blocking controls. I found blocks for all SMS & MMS under mine. Strangely it activated after an update. :upside_down: