Question

Not receiving Ransome text messages

Badge

For some reason I sometimes don't receive some text messages. I've gone through the text support on the app with T mobile about 4 times now. They do a reset of something and it works again for a while, but slowly gets worse until I have them reset it again. I did a factory reset on my phone as well to test if it's my phone and that seemed to do the same thing, it worked for a while and then slowly started missing more and more messages. It's not consistent either as to which people's messages I miss. The other day I sent messages from my wife's phone to mine and I got 8 out of 10 of them. The other messages that I'm missing never come through at all. The short code messages seem to come through fine. My wife wants me to get a new phone, but I'm not convinced that would fix it. Anyone else experience this and find a fix?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

what type of phone do you have? are texts from her the only ones that dont make it through or does it happen with any texts incoming?

Badge

what type of phone do you have? are texts from her the only ones that dont make it through or does it happen with any texts incoming?

I have an Asus Zenfone 8. I've been missing messages from many other people as well, it's just easiest to have her text me to test for sure. The other messages I find out about later when I see people and talk to them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

which texting app does it use? might try using a different texting app...do you happen to notice it happening while at home or does it matter? while connected to wifi?

Badge

which texting app does it use? might try using a different texting app...do you happen to notice it happening while at home or does it matter? while connected to wifi?

I've been using Textra. I'm at home most of the time, so I have wifi and full signal of 5g, but I've missed messages both at home and out and about. I've tried the standard messaging app a little, but I didn't notice a difference and I've used Textra for years now with no previous issues.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

do you by chance notice how your signal is when this is happening? same scenario with pic texts or group texts? or is it mainly just happening with normal one to one texts?

Badge

do you by chance notice how your signal is when this is happening? same scenario with pic texts or group texts? or is it mainly just happening with normal one to one texts?

I have strong signal strength the whole time. I've missed pictures and gifs. I've had a group message where I've gotten a message and then missed another within a minute of each other. I had one of the people in the group message next to me so I knew what didn't make it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

if the issue happened with the stock app as well its gotta be something with the phone or sim possibly. everything else works fine though? calls to and from as well as the data itself? group texts, pic texts and usually long winded texts are converted into MMS so it uses a different signal to send/receive.

Badge

if the issue happened with the stock app as well its gotta be something with the phone or sim possibly. everything else works fine though? calls to and from as well as the data itself? group texts, pic texts and usually long winded texts are converted into MMS so it uses a different signal to send/receive.

I got a new sim the first time I noticed it happening. Calls and data have always worked fine.

Has anyone found a fix for the "not receiving all texts issue"?  Should I get a new sim card for my Asus Zenphone 8?  I also use Textra, for what it's worth.

Badge

Has anyone found a fix for the "not receiving all texts issue"?  Should I get a new sim card for my Asus Zenphone 8?  I also use Textra, for what it's worth.

The sim didnt seen to make a difference. I've been doing the airplane mode then restart the phone every day and it seems to be working better, but it's possible I've still missed some messages.

Thanks for the reply.  How absolutely frustrating that there is neither a fix nor any insight to why the issue occurs in the first place.

Since my phone did it’s update yesterday, I’ve been unable to send/receive texts consistently, they spin and spin.  I keep getting the error message that “currently unable to send your message.  It will be sent when the service becomes available”.  I’ve restarted my phone multiple times, cleared the message cache, took the sim card out and reinstalled….any other suggestions?